Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Robert Germic <ge...@pcv.cz> on 2004/04/29 14:21:41 UTC

Apache::ImageMagick & Apache2/mod_perl2

Hi,

  Apache::ImageMagick 20b7 doesn't work with Apache2/modperl2 as Honza
reported couple of weeks ago. I am able to run it with Apache::compat
and +GlobalRequest, but it is *very* slow. Quick glance at the source
give Apache::File as main incompatibility. Apache::porting says

mod_perl 2.0 API doesn't include package 'Apache::File'. The package
'Apache::File' has moved to 'Apache::Response' 'Apache::RequestRec'

  but I don't see anything like Apache::File->new, Apache::File->tmpfile
in those modules. Could somebody help?

- Robert

PS1. Should it become Apache2::ImageMagick or should it keep the name
and just test under which Apache it's running?
PS2. Great new Image::Magick 6 is out... have anybody tried it already?

Re: Apache::ImageMagick & Apache2/mod_perl2 [ SOLVED ]

Posted by RobertCZ <ro...@robert.cz>.
Gerald Richter wrote:

>>Well, nobody comments? Does that mean nobody is using AIM? It's great
>>to know I'm the only person using AIM with Embperl2...
>>

>At least I do not use it currently with Apache2 and I don't have enough free
>time to check out where the problem is, also I would like to do so. The free
>time I have is currently used for make Embperl 2 release ready. Afterwards I
>think I can look at Apache::ImageMagic (or if there is a payed project for
>wich I would need it before, since I am doing all new projects with Apache2)
>
>Sorry
>
>Gerald

Well, at least three different people asked by email how I solved it, I
guess some people need it after all... So just for the record, yes,
Apache::ImageMagick 2.0b7 DOES works for me with Apache2/mod_perl2
(thanks Stas & other people from mp list), but I didn't release it
because it's a bit of an ugly hack and I don't claim I understand why or
how it works... But if you'are desperate enough to try my version, it's
available upon request

- Robert

Posted by "Robert.CZ" <ro...@robert.cz>.
Gerald Richter wrote:

>>Well, nobody comments? Does that mean nobody is using AIM? It's great
>>to know I'm the only person using AIM with Embperl2...
>>

> <>
> At least I do not use it currently with Apache2 and I don't have
> enough free
> time to check out where the problem is, also I would like to do so.
> The free
> time I have is currently used for make Embperl 2 release ready.
> Afterwards I
> think I can look at Apache::ImageMagic (or if there is a payed project for
> wich I would need it before, since I am doing all new projects with
> Apache2)

I expected as much after nobody replied. Well, finishing Embperl is more
important... I'll do with AIM what I can.

- Robert

Re: Apache::ImageMagick & Apache2/mod_perl2

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Robert,

> Well, nobody comments? Does that mean nobody is using AIM? It's great
> to know I'm the only person using AIM with Embperl2...

At least I do not use it currently with Apache2 and I don't have enough free
time to check out where the problem is, also I would like to do so. The free
time I have is currently used for make Embperl 2 release ready. Afterwards I
think I can look at Apache::ImageMagic (or if there is a payed project for
wich I would need it before, since I am doing all new projects with Apache2)

Sorry

Gerald

> - R.
>

> Robert wrote:
>
>> ehm, and one more problem: when I parse query string manually,
>> everything seems to work till the line $q->Write, tmp file is created
>> but nothing is written... but I've been playing way too long with it,
>> maybe I just need a break and continue tommorow

>>> Now, another problem: handler doesn't parse query string args: Right
>>> after handler start, I dump $r->args into error log:
>>>
>>> with apache2
>>>
>>> $VAR1 = 'width=90&height=60';
>>>
>>> with apache1
>>>
>>> $VAR1 = 'width';
>>> $VAR2 = '90';
>>> $VAR3 = 'height';
>>> $VAR4 = '60';
>>>
>>>  This seems to be the biggest problem, the rest seems to be
>>> working...
>>>
>>> I guess handler has to be declared differently or do I have to parse
>>> query string manually? Please help
>>>
>>> - R.

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der KOMCOM 2004 in Mannheim
25. bis 27. Mai 2004  Stand K11a   www.komcom.de

Re: Apache::ImageMagick & Apache2/mod_perl2

Posted by "Robert.CZ" <ro...@robert.cz>.
thanks, randy, that'll help

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

--
best regards,
randy kobes

Re: Apache::ImageMagick & Apache2/mod_perl2

Posted by Robert Germic <ge...@pcv.cz>.

Robert wrote:

> ehm, and one more problem: when I parse query string manually,
> everything seems to work till the line $q->Write, tmp file is created
> but nothing is written... but I've been playing way too long with it,
> maybe I just need a break and continue tommorow
>
> Robert wrote:
>
>> |OK, it seems File::Temp| should be used instead of Apache::File.
>> Now, another problem: handler doesn't parse query string args: Right
>> after handler start, I dump $r->args into error log:
>>
>> with apache2
>>
>> $VAR1 = 'width=90&height=60';
>>
>> with apache1
>>
>> $VAR1 = 'width';
>> $VAR2 = '90';
>> $VAR3 = 'height';
>> $VAR4 = '60';
>>
>>  This seems to be the biggest problem, the rest seems to be working...
>>
>> I guess handler has to be declared differently or do I have to parse
>> query string manually? Please help
>>
>> - R.
>>

>> Robert Germic wrote:
>>
>>> Apache::ImageMagick 20b7 doesn't work with Apache2/modperl2 as Honza
>>> reported couple of weeks ago. I am able to run it with
>>> Apache::compat and +GlobalRequest, but it is *very* slow. Quick
>>> glance at the source give Apache::File as main incompatibility.
>>> Apache::porting says
>>>
>>> mod_perl 2.0 API doesn't include package 'Apache::File'. The package
>>> 'Apache::File' has moved to 'Apache::Response' 'Apache::RequestRec'
>>>
>>>  but I don't see anything like Apache::File->new,
>>> Apache::File->tmpfile in those modules. Could somebody help?

--

               S pozdravem/Best Regards

                                     Robert Germic

Prvni ceska virtualni s.r.o., Vinohradska 25/35,  CZ-120 00 Praha 2
Email: germic@pcv.cz, Mob. tel.: (+420 602) 213 480

NetBooking Czech Republic s.r.o., Trebohostická 12, CZ-100 00 Praha 10
Email: germic@netbooking.cz, Mob. tel.: (+420 602) 512 512

Re: Apache::ImageMagick & Apache2/mod_perl2

Posted by Robert <ro...@robert.cz>.

Posted by Robert <ro...@robert.cz>.