Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by kosurusekhar <ko...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/03 08:25:54 UTC

Change Notification or Polling Techniques

Hi Folks,

Is there any in built feature in derby like Database Change Notification in
oracle. Basically I am looking for as soon as table is getting
updated/inserted/deleted I have to update to the UI. This requirement I am
dividing into two parts. 1) Know the updates happening in database, in
processing server.
2) Push this updates to clients. This second part I have to implement
separately. But the first part, how can I get notifications as soon as some
data got modified in tables.

One way is polling database with fixed time intervals, but we won't get real
time updates.
Second way is having trigger, I have basically around 6 tables to watch
continuously.

Is there any side effects after introducing trigger(s)?

Please suggest me how to proceed with my requirement.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Sekhar.