Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Durham David Cntr 805CSS/SCBE <Da...@scott.af.mil> on 2002/07/29 20:44:06 UTC

tomcat and netscape

Anyone know if jakarta entries in netscape's obj.conf file is equivalent to entries in the uriworkermap.properties file when integrating with IIS and Apache?

Thanks,

Dave

Re: tomcat and netscape

Posted by Cunningham Emmett <ea...@yahoo.com>.
I haven't played with apache and IIS. But I do know
a fair amount about the iPlanet integration.

If you have a more specific question then just forward
it.
I hope that I can help.
emmett

--- Durham David Cntr 805CSS/SCBE

Is org.hsql.jdbcDriver hardcoded somewhere in the Linux installation of Tomcat 4.0.4 ?

Posted by Glow Nair <za...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

I wrote a simple example to demonstrate database
access using JNDI. It works perfectly on Windows
with Tomcat as a standalone installation.

Under Linux, I keep getting the following error:
javax.naming.NamingException: Exception creating
 DataSource: org.hsql.jdbcDriver
I dont have org.hsql.jdbcDriver ANYWHERE in my
files.. I even did a grep to find this string..
in server.xml, in web.xml and every other place.

It almost seems as though there is a bug in the
Linux install where the org.hsql.jdbcDriver is
hardcoded somewhere.

Can anyone help me with this ? Any hint is much
appreciated.

Glow
zanchu_glow@yahoo.com

P.S.
- Should I be starting the J2EE server for this
  to work ?

These are the versions of the software I use

1. Tomcat Version
   jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4.zip : For Windows
   jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4.tar.gz : For Linux

2. Linux version (SGI XFS with Red Hat 7.2)
   2.4.9-13SGI_XFS_1.0.2enterprise

3. JDK's used:
   Sun J2SE JDK : j2sdk-1_4_0_01-linux-i586-rpm.bin