Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org> on 2000/10/27 01:17:31 UTC

Replacing Authen & Authz handlers

I've got Authen and Authz protecting an entire site:

   <location />
       PerlAuthenHandler My::Authen
       PerlAuthzHandler My::Authz
       AuthType Basic
       AuthName Test
       require valid-user
   </location>

I'd like to have one directory that uses Apache's built-in Basic
Authentication, but I'm having a hard time making it happen.

I've tried using a "PerlSetVar DisableAuthen 1" and then returning DECLINED
in my handlers, but that's causing this error:

   configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /test

Can someone fill me in, please.  Also, what's Apache seeing that's
triggering the above error message.

Thanks,

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org

Re: Replacing Authen & Authz handlers

Posted by Tim Tompkins <ti...@arttoday.com>.
Did you set an AuthUserFile for apache?

Thanks,

Tim Tompkins
Programmer / Staff Engineer
http://www.arttoday.com/

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Bill Moseley wrote:

> I've got Authen and Authz protecting an entire site:
>
>    <location />
>        PerlAuthenHandler My::Authen
>        PerlAuthzHandler My::Authz
>        AuthType Basic
>        AuthName Test
>        require valid-user
>    </location>
>
> I'd like to have one directory that uses Apache's built-in Basic
> Authentication, but I'm having a hard time making it happen.
>
> I've tried using a "PerlSetVar DisableAuthen 1" and then returning DECLINED
> in my handlers, but that's causing this error:
>
>    configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /test
>
> Can someone fill me in, please.  Also, what's Apache seeing that's
> triggering the above error message.

mod_auth.c is not seeing an AuthUserFile