Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jar Lyons <jl...@bluescooter.com> on 2001/11/28 19:08:17 UTC

command line switch --application problem

After eagerly requesting the functionality that Donald incorporated for
launching a specific .sar (vs all sar's in the apps directory)
via the command  line option "--application <abc>" , I noticed that
phoenix still launches all the sar's in the directory after all ....

I'd like to figure this out and contribute a patch myself ... but I'm
having
trouble figuring out where to look in the  codebase ...

Jar Lyons

Re: command line switch --application problem

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:58, Gerhard Froehlich wrote:
> [...]

;)

> ps: do you know what froehlich@apache.org means in german
> no?? --> happy@apache.org

kool!

--
Cheers,

Pete

RE: command line switch --application problem

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

  From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
too
  From: Peter [mailto:peter@apache.org]
:-)))

Cheers
Gerhard

ps: do you know what froehlich@apache.org means in german
no?? --> happy@apache.org
:)

Re: command line switch --application problem

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:08, Jar Lyons wrote:
> After eagerly requesting the functionality that Donald incorporated for

Peter ;)

> launching a specific .sar (vs all sar's in the apps directory)
> via the command  line option "--application <abc>" , I noticed that
> phoenix still launches all the sar's in the directory after all ....

yep ;-)

> I'd like to figure this out and contribute a patch myself ... but I'm
> having
> trouble figuring out where to look in the  codebase ...

>From memory you are looking for a method like deployDefaultApps() in
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.DefaultEmbeddor or similar.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: command line switch --application problem

Posted by Mircea Toma <mi...@home.com>.
Hi,

This is a fragment from another email where a was pointing that the
functionality you needed can be achieved easily with "--apps-path" switch:

"Another problem is about "--application" parameter which I think is
redundant. Its functionality could be achieved by starting Phoenix with a
different deployment path using "--apps-path" (and having the .sar in that
path)."

Mircea

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>