Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by nowe media <no...@nowemedia.com> on 2003/03/27 17:26:49 UTC

properties and linknodes

Hi !

How should properties of  link node be treated.
If I am retriveing a property from link node should I get the properties of
the link or the properties of the link target ??
Does any specification cover this subject ?

regards

Wojtek

AW: properties and linknodes

Posted by Michael Plomer <m_...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

that mainly depends on your application, doesn't it?

In general, I'd say that if I retrieve a property (say, the creation
date) of
a link node, I'd like to know when the link was created, not the target
itself.

Come to think of it, maybe it depends on the property you're reading and
your
application. In the above example, the creation date of the link may be
of
interest, but also the creation date of the target. If, on the other
hand,
you want to retrieve the content length, you sure want the length of the
target. At least I don't see a point in associating a content length
with a
link node...

Maybe you could provide more information on what you are trying to
achieve?

Regards,
Michał