Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Thanh Tran <th...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/02 22:42:35 UTC

Question about Axis2 0.95 User Guide

Hi,
  I read from the mailing list archive that there were some bugs with the User Guide for generating sample web service client code using WSDL2Java.  Could someone tell me when the new binary with the fix will be available?  I tried to download the source using SVN and compile it but I ran into some problems.

  Anyway, on a separate note, I have some question regarding the User Guide.  I'm new to web service so forgive me if I sound clueless.  The User Guide describes how one can write web services using WSDL2Java to generate Java classes (under the xsd directory)  and skeleton code (Axis2SampleDocLitPortTypeSkeleton) for the business logic, create the .aar file and deploy it.  However, in the guide for creating web services client, it seems like the same exact Java classes (that can be found under xsd directory) are created inside the stub class also.  This is really confusing to me.  I thought that for the client, we only need to access the classes provided by the deployed web service to carry out certain task.  Why do we have to create the same classes such as EchoStringArrayReturnDocument, ArrayOfstringLiteral, EchoStringArrayParamDocument if these classes already exist under the xsd directory?  Is there a simple way for us to write a client that uses the web service already
 deployed without having to create the same classes that can be found in the .aar file already?   I know that there are some differences between the classes deployed under the .aar file and the classes created inside "Axis2SampleDocLitPortTypeStub" but I still don't understand why they are needed.  I would appriciate any explanation to help me understand this better.  Thank you.
  Thanh Tran

http://mail.yahoo.com