Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by RJ81 <rh...@pluto.dsu.edu> on 2009/04/27 00:14:09 UTC

Problems with UDDI and Radiant Interface within Eclipse

SOS: To all web services gurus: Any advice, comment, suggested resource will
be very much appreciated.

I am a newbie to the web services field trying to create, deploy, register,
publish, annotate services with semantics "using OWL", and discover them.

These are the applications and plugins I am using:

Eclipse 3.2
Java 1.5
Tomcat v5
MySQL 5.0
jUUDI
Radiant
Lumina

I have checked the jUDDI forum and the eclipse help option but could not
find a problem similar to mine. Also tried to log to the Radiant forum but
was not able to do so, the page appears to be inactive.

So far, I was able to do the following:

1.Create and deploy the webservice "Say Hello".

2.Create the jUDDI database and insert a record into Publisher

3.Validate the jUDDI installation. "Got happy jUDDI with no errors"

4.Register and publish the deployed web service "manually" through the jUDDI
console and the UDDI server "ub-0.2-bin" using this resource:
http://www.descriptor.com/curriculum/webservices/soaplab.pdf

-->I wanted to do the fourth step through eclipse but failed due to the
following reason:

The Web services explorer does not seem to work fine neither in Eclipse 3.4
nor in Eclipse 3.2. When I click on the UDDI link, for instance, I do not
get the UDDI form

in which I have to enter the jUDDI information. I get run time errors such
as "navigator content is null or not an object" and "perspectiveContent is
undefined"

In order to save time, I decided to move on to annotation and discovery,
since I thought that everything is Ok as I was able to register and publish
the Hello service, even though it was not through eclipse. However, although
the installation of Radiant and Lumina went Ok, I was not able to use them
as illustrated in the Demos provided by the University of Georgia. Those are
some of the problems I had:
* When I try to annotate an element within the WSDL file, I cannot as there
is no "ModelReference" option when I do right click on the element I wish to
annotate the WSDL element with.

P.S: I used the following resources:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-juddi-user/200701.mbox/%3C45BDFD52.5040401@apache.org%3E

http://www.mail-archive.com/juddi-user@ws.apache.org/