Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Natalia Chernova <nt...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 11:02:03 UTC

Wildcard in definition name and cascaded attributes

Hi,

I'm using tiles 2.1.2 and have a problem. If I configure tiles using
wildcards, cascaded attributes are not found.

This example works:
<definition name="sample.homepage.red" extends="layout.sample.content">
        <put-attribute name="title.window" value="sample.window.red.title"/>
        <put-attribute name="content.title" value="sample.red.content.title"
cascade="true"/>
    </definition>

And this does not:
<definition name="sample.homepage.*" extends="layout.sample.content">
        <put-attribute name="title.window" value="sample.window.red.title"/>
        <put-attribute name="content.title" value="sample.red.content.title"
cascade="true"/>
    </definition>

Exception is:
org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.TilesJspException: Attribute with name
'content.title' not found

org.apache.tiles.jsp.taglib.AttributeTagSupport.doStartTag(AttributeTagSupport.java:151)

Am I doing something wrong? Is there wokraround?

Thanks,
Natalia.

Re: Wildcard in definition name and cascaded attributes

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2009/4/7 Natalia Chernova <nt...@gmail.com>:
> I'm using tiles 2.1.2 and have a problem. If I configure tiles using
> wildcards, cascaded attributes are not found.

It could be a bug.
Can you open a JIRA issue and attach a test case? e.g. a WAR with
source, or (best option) a Maven project.
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES

Antonio