Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Muhammad Haseeb Asif <mh...@kth.se> on 2021/09/22 13:59:16 UTC

BEAM NEXMARK - ':runners:flink:1.14-SNAPSHOT' could not be found in project ':sdks:java:testing:nexmark'

Hi,

I have been trying to run the nexmark benchmark with the Flink snapshot version (1.14-SNAPSHOT) that I have built locally for our research purposes.

I have copied the 1.13 folder (runners/flink/1.13) and renamed it to 1.14-SNAPSHOT since my Flink is built with that version. I have replaced 1.13 in all three gradle files with 1.14-SNAPSHOT. Also, I have updated the root gradle file to add an additional version to the flink_versions property.

When I am running the following command, it says it cannot find the project.

./gradlew :sdks:java:testing:nexmark:run \

    -Pnexmark.runner=":runners:flink:1.14-SNAPSHOT" \

    -Pnexmark.args="

        --runner=FlinkRunner

        --suite=SMOKE

        --streamTimeout=60

        --streaming=true

        --manageResources=false

        --monitorJobs=true

        --flinkMaster=[local] --numEvents=100 --query=3"

On the other hand, running the same command with 1.13 runner (Pnexmark.runner=":runners:flink:1.13) works fine but with different Flink JAR files.

Also, I have added the following settings to use the local maven repo in nexmark gradle file (sdk/java/testing/nexmark/build.gradle)

repositories {
  mavenLocal()
}

It seems like I am missing an entry somewhere to add the new Flink version for the nexmark. Any hints/thoughts? Thanks

Re: BEAM NEXMARK - ':runners:flink:1.14-SNAPSHOT' could not be found in project ':sdks:java:testing:nexmark'

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
I’m not a Flink-runner expert but just as a suggestion - you may try to copy “runners/flink/1.13” directory into a new “runners/flink/1.14” one, replace all 1.13 Flink version entries there to 1.14-SNAPSHOT and add the includes for 1.14-SNAPSHOT version into settings.gradle.kts file.