Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "M. Lucas" <ml...@cam.ac.uk> on 2008/03/27 15:44:58 UTC

Integrating database and university applications

Hallo,

We are trying to implement our database in shindig. Can someone show us how
that is done?

We were also wondering if there are developers who are making gadgets for
University's.

thanks Michiel
CARET

Re: Integrating database and university applications

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 7:59 AM, <ni...@caret.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Let me give this a little more context. We are experimenting with
> getting Shinding into our Virtual Learning Environment (Sakai).

What specific areas are you having trouble with?

> Another question we have is whether anyone has ever tried/succeeded
> running
> Shindig in a clustered environment (we run 6 clustered servers for now)

You'll have to be more specific here as well. Most large scale deployments
now are most likely (from my own experience) running multiple instances of
shindig with some load balancer to route traffic. What sort of integration
are you trying to do?

--
~Kevin

Re: Integrating database and university applications

Posted by ni...@caret.cam.ac.uk.
Hello,

Let me give this a little more context. We are experimenting with
getting Shinding into our Virtual Learning Environment (Sakai).

Another question we have is whether anyone has ever tried/succeeded running
Shindig in a clustered environment (we run 6 clustered servers for now) and
whether anyone knows about the existence of academic gadgets out there.

Thanks in advance,

Nicolaas Matthijs,
CARET, University of Cambridge