Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Massie <da...@intronet.com> on 2005/09/06 13:01:00 UTC

indexing/searching on C++

Hi

I would like to be able to index and search on technical terms such as C++ and C#, but I am finding that both are being reduced to just C. These terms can be enterred from a free text box on the search interface. Is there a recommended way of doing this?

Thanks
Daniel

Re: indexing/searching on C++

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Have a look at your analyzer (check out my java.net article for
starters), and the "Analysis Paralysis" section of the Lucene wiki.
You will need to adjust your analyzer (and query parser perhaps) to
tokenize things as you'd like.  For a quick fix, try using the
WhitespaceAnalyzer, though you'll soon want to upgrade that most likely.

     Erik