Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrei Svirida <an...@midray.com> on 2002/07/09 17:36:14 UTC

Problem: extra-classpath in cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml has no effect on CLASSPATH

Hi cocooners,

i have moved some of the jars needed for my cocoon application
out from <Tomcat-Webapps>/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory to /opt/lib

E.g., file <Tomcat-Webapps>/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/test.jar is at
/opt/lib/test.jar now.

After that, i inserted
 <init-param>
   <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
   <param-value>/opt/lib/test.jar</param-value>
</init-param>
into cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml.

Inspite of that cocoon servlet fails to find the classes from test.jar
and throws ClassNotFoundException.

My OS is SunOS, Cocoons version is 2.0.2
The same problem exists also on my Windows-PC with Cocoon 2.0.2.

Has anybody an idea how to fix it?

--
Andrei Svirida, Projekte & Entwicklung
MIDRAY GmbH - a debitel company

http://www.midray.com/

Re: Problem: extra-classpath in cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml has no effect on CLASSPATH

Posted by sheshadri <sh...@apparelxml.net>.
Hi,
in the web.xml of cocoon, if u set the init-classloader parameters param
value to true,
(which is false by default)
then i think the problem of class not found will be solved.

    <init-param>
      <param-name>init-classloader</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>

Regards,
Sheshadri