Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Parin dazz <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/26 11:30:08 UTC

Apache geode statistics

Hello Team,

Could you help me to understand geode statistics? I found out below link
which briefly lists down all available statistics.

https://pubs.vmware.com/vfabric5/index.jsp?topic=/com.vmware.vfabric.gemfire.6.6/managing/statistics/statistics_list.html

1. Is it possible to measure only interested statistics out of all
mentioned?

2. How can we visualize/see output of generated statistics file?

More, I also want to know geode support for java 8? Do we have any
reference for jvm tuning with java 8?

I found few ones related to CMS & MarkSweep GC. Is it a good idea to use G1
GC from Java 8 onwards? What care we must take while using G1 GC? Any
standard recommendations for G1 GC parameters?

Regards,
Parin

Re: Apache geode statistics

Posted by Vincent Ford <vf...@pivotal.io>.
Hi,

JVSD needs some love and care....so it is in a pretty rough state but is
usable to get basic visualizations.

https://github.com/apache/geode/tree/feature/GEODE-78/geode-jvsd

You will need to build it currently.

*Vince Ford*