Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hillel <hb...@ecommunicate.biz> on 2011/04/21 22:19:09 UTC

setting up James and mail to use on another IP address range

Hi,

We have James JAMES Server 2.3.2 installed.

We have been told by the ISP that the current IP addresses have mail
delivery problems and they need to be replaced.

Initially they will allow us to use the new IP addresses and the old IP
addresses one per Ethernet card.

To start off we want to run both sets of IP addresses on different Ethernet
cards and just move James to the new IP address range.  We want to keep our
default gateway for other traffic.  Our application calls James using
localhost so to prevent changing our application we want to run james on
localhost and on a IP address from the new range and keep sending emails by
calling localhost.  To the world the emails must look like they are coming
from the new IP address.

Questions:

1.       How do we bind James to the localhost and a IP address?

2.       How do we send out emails so the world sees emails coming from that
IP address?

3.       How do we keep the default gateway to send traffic out of the old
IP address, but force all email traffic out of the new IP address and use a
secondary non-default gateway for that?

Thanks for any assistance.