Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aymeric Levaux <al...@javablackbelt.com> on 2007/08/04 14:38:37 UTC

Cannot extend a theme

Does this (https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-1328) means, that
at this moment we cannot create our own theme with a theme.properties
that specifies that we extend an other theme ?

I made a theme that extends xhtml and set it as the default one in
struts.properties. But every template I didn't rewrite causes an
exception when the related tag is used. The problem is that Struts does
not look in the parent theme when it does not found a template.

What I don't understand is that this mechanism is working for the
css_xhtml theme that does not redefine every templates and extends xhtml.

Am I missing something?

--
Aymeric