Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Shiyao Ma <i...@introo.me> on 2015/11/26 05:21:00 UTC

Anyone successfully setup CLION with mesos?

Hi,

I'd like to browse the mesos code with abilities such as  jump to
definitions, etc.

Ctags and Youcompleteme fall short here.

So I think CLION might be a good way to go, so anybody managed to do that
with CLion?

What's the setup ?

Thanks.

shiyao

Re: Anyone successfully setup CLION with mesos?

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
I think it just because you not yet build with CMake before. In my laptop,
I could open it without any external configuration.[image: Inline image 1]

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Anyone successfully setup CLION with mesos?

Posted by Shiyao Ma <i...@introo.me>.

Posted by Shuai Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Some screenshots about rtags with mesos code: http://imgur.com/gallery/DbsPg

Posted by Shuai Lin <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>.
IIRC don't "import" it, just "open" the folder.
I may be wrong there - I'll give it another shot on a "clean" Mac and let
you know what I find.

--
*Marco Massenzio*
Distributed Systems Engineer

Posted by Marco Massenzio <ma...@mesosphere.io>.
I did set it up with CLion - it's not perfect (still a few "false
positives" on compile errors and it gets confused in places) but it's
definitely better than the best I was able to achieve with Eclipse (see my
blog link below for details on that one).

I can't exactly remember what I did to make it all work, but I think you
can just point it to the CMakeList.txt top-level file, then CLion will do
the rest and figure it out - Alex will correct me, but last time I tried, I
was only able to use it up to the `stouttests` target, I'm sure a lot more
work now.

At any rate, code navigation, auto-completion, etc. work just fine.

Posted by Alex Clemmer <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,