Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Wallmer, Martin" <Ma...@softwareag.com> on 2003/09/05 10:00:36 UTC

RE: Searching indexes (was RE: FW: When is the next production re lease of Slide?)

Hi Rob,

there is a sample how to write an own SEARCH implementation. Please refer to
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-slide/src/stores/org/apache/slide/sear
ch/basic/sample/

This example implements the operators <lt> and <eq>, the rest is done by the
generic SEARCH implementation. This sample implementation just outputs a
string like
now execute: (displayname equals cathgirls.mp3) or (getcontentlength
lower_than 100000)
but it shows, how to get your own impl into the game. If the "normal"
operators of generic search  (gt, eq, ...) are good enough for you and you
just want to have a more powerful <contains> engine, just implement that
operator, create the ObjectNodes for resources, that match the <contains>
expression, and let the SEARCH engine create the results.

Please don't hesitate, if you have questions or suggestions to improve the
sample.

Best regards,
Martin

Posted by stuart macpherson <so...@tillidie.fsnet.co.uk>.
I am having a problem with Slide-Admin.  I am using SlideRealm based
authentication and MySQLDescriptorsStore, and as such I have 'user', 'roles'
and 'user_role' tables I my DB.  Obviously, Slide uses rows entered into
these tables to allow logon to Slide and Slide-Admin.

Adding users manually works ok, but is not good enough for my (and I would
expect, anyone else's) needs.  When I add a user through Slide-Admin webapp,
the details appear in the MySQLDescriptorsStore tables, but NOT the
SlideRealm tables.  As such, they may as well not be there at all, as
SlideRealm cannot find them, and refuses logon.

I don't mind having to hard-code a bit of a DB update to write the users to
the user tables, but I feel this would be missing the point.  There SURELY
must be something I can do to cause the Slide-Admin webapp to add users
properly?!  If there isn't, then this is a ridiculously large bug...  and I
can't believe this is the case.

I know there is someone out there who knows what to do...

Many thanks
Stuart

Slide-Admin webapp doesn't add user to SlideRealm DB tables