Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Michael Täschner <m....@googlemail.com> on 2011/08/05 12:54:38 UTC

Help with features-maven-plugin

Hi All,

I am quite new with karaf and I my current goal is to create a kar with
features of my multi-module project. I frequently read the karaf-users
mailing list and tried to figure stuff out reading the guide (
http://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.2.2/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html)
but the information there is incomplete and outdated. So here are my issues:

- using the "generate-features-xml" goal (having all to be included bundles
as dependencies in the pom) it does create a features.xml file but creates
one feature for each bundle instead of collecting them into the one feature
I want to set up

- switched to trying the "features:add-features-to-repo" and provided the
modified features.xml by myself the plugin copies tons of bundles into the
repository folder even though I have no dependencies in the pom and set the
properties "includeDependencies" and "addTransitiveFeatures" to false.
Additionally since my bundles use packaging "bundle" the corresponding files
have a .bundle extension instead of .jar

Can someone give me an advice how to modify the settings to collect the
bundles defined in features.xml and how to package the outcome into a .kar
archive ?

Thanks and Regards,
Michael

features-maven-plugin version: 2.2.2

Re: Help with features-maven-plugin

Posted by Michael Täschner <m....@googlemail.com>.
Hi David,

can you give me a hint how to use the features-maven-plugin in version
3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to generate features file or more importantly build kar
archive ?

Thanks,
Michael

Am 8. August 2011 10:44 schrieb Michael Täschner <m.taeschner@googlemail.com