Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk> on 2008/06/19 14:35:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem displaying index.html by default

Not sure when this started since I mainly run index.php, but I've just been
setting up a new machine with 2.2.9 and cloaned the settings what was a
working machine.

I have
DirectoryIndex index.html, index.php
in httpd.conf, but while index.php is running fine, when I switch to a
directory with only index.html then I get a listing. Selecting index.html it
runs fine so apache ( and PHP ) seem to be OK, it's just DirectoryIndex that
seems broken.

Anybody got any ideas what I've managed to change? Or am I seeing a bug that
has crept in?

Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) PHP/5.2.7-dev
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) PHP/5.3.0-dev

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] Problem displaying index.html by default

Posted by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk>.
Lester Caine wrote:
> Not sure when this started since I mainly run index.php, but I've just
> been setting up a new machine with 2.2.9 and cloned the settings what
> was a working machine.
>
> I have
> DirectoryIndex index.html, index.php
                            ^
That is the problem - but it has been working on the machine I cloned from and
is working on the on-line machine ...

> in httpd.conf, but while index.php is running fine, when I switch to a
> directory with only index.html then I get a listing. Selecting
> index.html it runs fine so apache ( and PHP ) seem to be OK, it's just
> DirectoryIndex that seems broken.
>
> Anybody got any ideas what I've managed to change? Or am I seeing a bug
> that has crept in?

Oh well another couple of hours wasted :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL