Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Mark Slater <ma...@analogsoftware.com> on 2006/03/25 11:31:04 UTC

Strange non-failure error during unit testing

I'm not sure if this matters (as in, for all I know, its a hiccup in
the JVM and nothing to do with Jackrabbit at all), but I just got a
very strange error in the test phase of the build process:

     [junit] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
0.359 sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.lock.TestAll
     [junit] Tests run: 23, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
6.813 sec
     [junit] Exception in thread "Thread-4"
java.util.NoSuchElementException
     [junit]     at
org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractReferenceMap
$ReferenceEntrySetIterator.nextEntry(AbstractReferenceMap.java:772)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.commons.collections.map.AbstractReferenceMap
$ReferenceValuesIterator.next(AbstractReferenceMap.java:829)
     [junit]     at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.shutdown
(RepositoryImpl.java:858)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.shutdown
(BindableRepository.java:257)
     [junit]     at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository
$1.run(BindableRepository.java:133)
     [junit] Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.nodetype.TestAll
     [junit] Tests run: 99, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
24.768 sec
     [junit] Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.api.observation.TestAll
     [junit] Tests run: 40, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed:
10.539 sec

There were no errors that I could find before this, or after it, and
no mention was made of it in any JUnit output files or log files that
I could find. At the end, maven reported a successful build.

I'm not particularly worried about it... a build I did just a few
minutes before had no errors. The only thing that changed between the
two was the removal of some logging statements in
CustomNodeTypeConfig (I was trying to track down a null input stream
exception).

On one hand I thought about dismissing this out of hand since it
doesn't seem to be reproducible (I tried a few times), but on the
other, some of the nastiest bugs I've ever had to track down were
sporadic and only showed up once in a very long while.

Mark

Re: Strange non-failure error during unit testing

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
hi mark
thanks for reporting this issue! it's indeed a bug. i fixed it in
svn r389129.

cheers
stefan