Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Diwas Joshi <dj...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/15 22:23:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] Support Docker as a hypervisor in CloudStack ( CloudStack / CLOUDSTACK-8205)

hello, I would like to work on the following issue for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8205 for google summer of
code 2015. It would be really helpful if someone can tell me more about the
idea and provide guidelines to get started with this.

regards

RE: [DISCUSS] Support Docker as a hypervisor in CloudStack ( CloudStack / CLOUDSTACK-8205)

Posted by Stephen Turner <St...@citrix.com>.
By the way, I don't know if people noticed the XenServer Docker preview last week: http://xenserver.org/blog.html?view=entry&id=85. We might be able to use some of that once it makes it into a release.

--
Stephen Turner

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
+1 Pierre and Sebastien.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Diwas,

Posted by cs user <ac...@gmail.com>.
I'd really love to see this. CoreOS seems pretty well developed, with etcd
and fleet.

I envisage you would have clusters/pods of CoreOS machines with Cloudstack
managing etcd discovery.

Perhaps you could then define fleet unit files and have Cloudstack launch
these on the CoreOS cluster.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
> On Mar 16, 2015, at 8:33 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 16, 2015, at 6:43 AM, Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>> CoreOS is supported on CS. Templates are available here: http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/coreos/x86_64/
>>

> There and on the official coreOS download site. It’s been available for a while now.
>
> It would be very nice for someone to look at creating CS templates for Atomic, Snappy and coreOS …

I meant rancherOS.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.