Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@bea.com> on 2004/01/28 23:29:08 UTC

Setting up a PPMC list

I'd like to get a PPMC set up for XMLBeans.  Here is what I think I need to
ask infrastructure to do.  Does this look right?

LIST NAME:
xmlbeans-ppmc

INITIAL SUBSCRIBERS:
XMLBeans committers + XML PMC members + Mentor + Shepard/Champion
This assumes XMLBeans is landing within the XML project.  In this case,
the Mentor and Shepard/Champion are already covered as XML PMC members.
Note that Incubator PMC members are not initially signed up -- we leave
that up to interested members to subscribe individually.  I assume I
would post to the incubator pmc list to invite all those who are
interested to sign up, once the list is set up.  See below.

ADDING SUBSCRIBERS:
The list should not allow just anyone to become a new subscriber, only
members of the XML or Incubator PMCs.  (I'm not sure of the details of
how this works -- do they subscribe themselves, or ask infrastructure,
or ask the list owner to do it?)

ARCHIVING:
The list should not have publicly accessible archives, but should be
accessible to some (obviously members of the list; what about Apache
members, officers, etc?)

Comments?  Did I miss any details that the infrastructure team would
want to know?  As an XMLBeans committer, I assume I would just send this
request to infrastructure myself, with a cc to Mentor.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Cliff

RE: Setting up a PPMC list

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Cliff,

The PPMC list will be setup for moderated subscription.  The moderators will
have to check to see who is acceptable to add.  If you can provide a list of
initial PPMC members, they will be pre-subscribed.  We'll also want some
volunteers to serve as moderators.

	--- Noel