Posted to scm@geronimo.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/10/10 12:55:48 UTC

[Geronimo Wiki] Update of "LogoContest" by hogstrom

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Geronimo Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by hogstrom:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/LogoContest

  = Purpose =
  The only task of the logo is to be a recognizable visual avatar for the project. The logo does not need to convey any message such as functionality, speed, reliability or anything to the contrary.

+ = Status (updated 10/10/2005) =
+ The entries below represent the final contributions for your voting consideration.  These entries were processed after 00:01 on 10/02/2005 and the submission process is considered complete and we now enter the voting phase.  The voting phase will be held starting Monday, 10/10/2005 at 00:01 PT and will continue until Saturday, 10/16/2005, 00:01 Pacific Time.  Voting entries provided during this period will be tabulated and the results forwarded to the Geronimo PMC for their consideration.  The PMC will announce to the User and Dev lists the results of their choice and the project will then have a new Official Logo.
+
+ A link to one of the images is included from this page to provide some visual refrence of the images already visitied.  '''In many instances, there are several additional images that have been provided.  Make sure you visit the submission page before making your final choice.'''
+
+ The entries have been formed into two groups.  First, the ones that appear to be fully compliant with PRC guidelines and those that either violate the guidelines and if selected by the community the PMC may appeal.  The likelyhood of an appeal being upheld is low given the sensitive nature of this topic not just within the ASF but Nationwide.
+
+ Given the discussion over the weekend all images are included here for voting.  Note that the PRC has provided guidelines on what constitutes an appropriate logo.  I'm sure we are all sensitive to the fine line the Apache Software Foundation walks with regard to its name and the simple relation to Native American culture.  Given the sensitivity to this issue (whether one agrees with the appropriateness of the sensitivity or not) nationwide the images have been isolated into ones that appear to conform and those that clearly violate or are in the gray area at the end of the list.  The separation is in no way an indication of the quality of the images but rather the conformance to the PRC guidelines.
+
+ These include entries 6, 7, 10, 11 and 17.  These images were placed here because of two reasons.  First, the PRC has indicated that a headdress is inappropriate.  The other images depict a rider on horseback which can be interpreted in many ways.  One clearly has a Native American riding a horse and the other has what could be viewed as either a cowboy with a lasso or an Indian with a weapon.  In either case the probability of contention is higher for these images than those included in the first group.  Your interpretations may vary.  Please note that EpiqTech which originally contributed Entry #17 has been watching the list submitted 4 additional images in response to the PRC note and final call for logos.
+
+ Images for Entry 5 and 8 have links that are not valid so they have been removed.
+
+ A single image from the submitted collection is included in this page.  '''Before''' voting please visit the submitters page to view all artwork associated with a submission.  After the submitted entries there is a section for casting your vote.  Please refer to that section for specific regarding voting.
+
+ Use your judgement and discernment in voting and may the best logo win!
+
+ = Submitted Entries =
+
+ || '''Entry''' || '''Number of Variants''' ||
+ || [http://www.flyermoney.com/geronimo Entry #2] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.flyermoney.com/geronimo/images/basis.gif ||
+ || [http://elegoff.free.fr/geronimo Entry #3] || 1 ||
+ || http://elegoff.free.fr/geronimo/banner-450-50.png ||
+ || [http://www.ashishgokhale.com/geronimo.htm Entry #4] || 3 ||
+ || http://www.ashishgokhale.com/images/llogo1.png ||
+ || [http://www.structuredview.com/geronimo/index.html Entry #9] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.structuredview.com/geronimo/sketch_geronimo_11.gif ||
+ || [http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos1.jpg Entry #12] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos1.jpg ||
+ || [http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos2.jpg Entry #13] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos2.jpg ||
+ || [http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos3.jpg Entry #14] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos3.jpg ||
+ || [http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos5.jpg Entry #15] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos5.jpg ||
+ || [http://eischen.free.fr/gero/index.html Entry #16] || 1 ||
+ || http://eischen.free.fr/gero/500x150gero.png ||
+ || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo5.htm Entry #18] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/images/design8_500x154_large.gif ||
+ || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo4.htm Entry #19] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/images/design7_500x404_large.gif ||
+ || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo2.htm Entry #20] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/images/design5_450x170_large2.gif ||
+ || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo.htm Entry #21] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/images/geronimo_feather_500x.gif ||
+ || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo3.htm Entry #22] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/images/design6_515x350.gif ||
+ || [http://geronimo.apache.org/images/geronimo-logo.png Entry #23 - Current Project Logo] || 1 ||
+ || http://geronimo.apache.org/images/geronimo-logo.png ||
+ || '''Images potentially violating the PRC Guidelines That Were Recently Announced''' ||
+ || [http://rainhousemedia.com/geronimo/ Entry #6] || 1 ||
+ || http://rainhousemedia.com/geronimo/banner_450x50.gif ||
+ || [http://amethystpublishing.com/Apache%20Geronimo.htm Entry #7] || 1 ||
+ || http://amethystpublishing.com/Apache%20Images/apachebanner_logo2.png ||
+ || [http://www.structuredview.com/armitage/index.html Entry #10] || 1 ||
+ || http://www.structuredview.com/armitage/ApacheGeronimo450.gif ||
+ || [http://www.media-style.com/geronimo/ Entry #11] '''new'''|| 1 ||
+ || http://www.media-style.com/geronimo/lpgo_geronimo_400px.gif ||
+ || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/geronimo.htm Entry #17] || 3 ||
+ || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/images/geronimo_blue_450x50.gif] ||
+
+
+
+ = Vote Here =
+
+ '''PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS FIRST'''
+
+ Please enter your vote below.  Put in your name and the entry that you wish to vote for.
+
+ Some entries have variations.  For those entries please specify the variant you are interested in.  Please specify first and second choices.  '''Note, entry # 17 has 4 variants. Variant 2 is a duplicate of Entry #21.  Please vote for Entry #21 if you are interested in that image.'''  Note that some entries have multiple variations.  If voting for those entries then please choose the variation you are selecting.
+
+ Finally, please include selections for '''First''', '''Second''' and '''Third''' alternate.  In the event that the winning logo is found to be non-suitable for some reason, votes for those entries will have their second and third votes applied appropriately.
+
+ May the best Logo Win!!!
+
+ || '''Name''' || '''Vote 1st Choice''' || '''Variant''' || '''Vote 2nd Choice''' ''(Optional)'' || '''Variant''' || '''Vote 3nd Choice''' ''(Optional)'' || '''Variant''' ||
+ || Matt Hogstrom || Entry #21 || n/a || Entry #20 || n/a || Entry #9 || n/a ||
+
+
+ = The following information is not relevant to the voting phase and has been relocated here to make viewing the Wiki easier =
+
+ = Voting =
+ In the voting section below please add your name and a first and second choice for your selection.  The second choice is required in the event that, in the unlikely event, that the PMC needs to disqualify an image from consideration your vote will not be lost and your vote will migrate to your second choice.  All previous votes have been removed as they were made ofver a period of time without consideration of all the final entries.  Some entries have a few variations.  If you choose one of these entries please specify the variant you are interested in.

  = Copy =
  The logo must use the copy (text) "Apache Geronimo" or "Geronimo."  The smaller versions of the logo may use less or no text.
@@ -11, +95 @@

  = Imagery =
- The Geronimo PPMC has undertaken to respect the Geronimo name that we have adopted for the project.  As such, we wish to avoid any imagery that is stereotypical or caricatural in nature or that would impart a new identity to the Geronimo name.
+ The Geronimo PMC has undertaken to respect the Geronimo name that we have adopted for the project.  As such, we wish to avoid any imagery that is stereotypical or caricatural in nature or that would impart a new identity to the Geronimo name.

  The Apache feather may be included in some or all of the logo sizes, but is not a requirement.

@@ -45, +129 @@

  = The Process =
- The Geronimo PPMC is responsible for the final selection of the logo, but will of course take into account the opinions and votes from the community.  We
+ The Geronimo PMC is responsible for the final selection of the logo, but will of course take into account the opinions and votes from the community.  We
  invite the submission or update of logos against this design brief.   Following
  that there will be a period of discussion about the submission, ending with the PPMC giving a short review of each submission.  Designers will then be invited to do a final update before a community vote takes place, followed by a PPMC vote.

  ''Random reference: I just noticed this wiki page where MoinMoin artists are developing a logo.  Seems like a great collaborative approach to developing and refining a logo.  (Scroll all the way down to see how it evolves from a simple idea to several attractive options.)''  http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinDev/MoinMoinLogo

  = Submissions =
+ Submissions are now closed and we are in the voting process.
- Logos should be submitted by editing the wiki page at
-
-     http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/LogoContest
-
- An announcement message should also be posted to geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org
-
- The competition closing will be announced with 1 weeks notice once community discussion and submissions have reached steady state.
-

  = Design Brief Revisions =
  The brief itself is open for review by the community, so that if there is any feedback or suggestions for improving this brief, please post them to the geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org list.

-
- = Submitted Entries =
-
- || '''Entry''' ||
- || [wiki:/03 Entry #1] ||
- || [http://www.morpheuschameleon.net/GeronimoLogo/ Entry #5] ||
- || [http://rainhousemedia.com/geronimo/ Entry #6] ||
- || [http://amethystpublishing.com/Apache%20Geronimo.htm Entry #7] ||
- || [http://ericlegoff.homelinux.org/geronimo.html Entry #8] ||
- || [http://www.structuredview.com/geronimo/index.html Entry #9] '''new''' ||
- || [http://www.structuredview.com/armitage/index.html Entry #10] '''new'''||
- || [http://www.media-style.com/geronimo/ Entry #11] '''new'''||
- || [http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos1.jpg Entry #12] '''newer'''||
- || [http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos2.jpg Entry #13] '''newer'''||
- || [http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos3.jpg Entry #14] '''newer'''||
- || [http://www.dotech.com/geronimo/Apache_logos5.jpg Entry #15] '''newer'''||
- || [http://eischen.free.fr/gero/index.html Entry #16] '''newer'''||
- || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/geronimo.htm Entry #17] '''newer'''||
- || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo5.htm Entry #18] '''added 10-6-2005'''||
- || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo4.htm Entry #19] '''added 10-6-2005'''||
- || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo2.htm Entry #20] '''added 10-6-2005'''||
- || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo.htm Entry #21] '''added 10-6-2005'''||
- || [http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimo3.htm Entry #22] '''added 10-6-2005'''||
- || [http://geronimo.apache.org/images/geronimo-logo.png Entry #23 - Current Project Logo] ''' added 10-6-2005'''||
-
- = Vote Here =
-
- '''PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS FIRST'''
-
- Please enter your vote below.  Put in your name and the entry that you wish to vote for.
-
- Some entries have multiple submissions.  If this is the case for the entry that you wish to vote on, use the '''Variant''' column to specify which logo you are voting for.
-
- || '''Name''' || '''Vote''' || '''Variant''' ''(Use if entry has more than one submission)'' ||
- || Pete Royle || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || David Farb || Entry #1   || N/A      ||
- || Joachim Bader || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Uijin Hong || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Marcelo Baltar || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Wolfgang Wopperer || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Tariq Dweik || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Kunal H. Parikh || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Rohit Varicatt || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Eric Le Goff || Entry #8   || N/A      ||
- || Adam Carbone || Entry #3   || N/A      ||
- || Phillip Calçado || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Stephen !McConnell || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Frederic Gidouin || Entry #3   || N/A      ||
- || Michael !McGrady || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Ludovic Maitre || Entry #3 || N/A ||
- || Rainer Härtlein || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Daniel Silva || Entry #2   || N/A      ||
- || Stephen Rainey || Entry #6   || N/A      ||
- || Adam Fowler || Entry #6   || N/A      ||
- || Wellington Pinheiro || Entry #6   || N/A      ||
- || Cem Basman || Entry #6   || N/A      ||
- || Nathan Luce || Entry #6   || N/A      ||
- || Chuck Rhoades || Entry #6   || N/A      ||
- || Ed Letifov || Entry #6  || N/A   ||
- || Marcel Kerjouan || Entry #6  || N/A   ||
- || Peter Kontopoulos || Entry #6  || N/A   ||
- || Collin Houseal || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Antonio Gallardo || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Patrick Yong || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Dave Brondsema || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Teddy Jones || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Ashish Gokhale || Entry #4 || N/A ||
- || Bill Brown || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Jared Hanson || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Ray Henry || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Zack Angelo || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Georg Müller || Entry #11 || Entry #6 ||
- || Michiel ten Hagen || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Sailesh Ranjit || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Craig Lenzen || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Alex Karasulu || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Daniele Guarneri || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Jim Holt || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Olivier CECEILLE || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Andrew Hanna || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Richard Ball || Entry #4 || N/A ||
- || Mark Imbriaco || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Manoj Kumaran S K || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Mike Heese || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Philip Mark Donaghy || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Volkan G. || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Patrick Herber || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || David Klassen || Entry #2 || or Chieftain hat #7 ||
- || Noah Greene || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Peter Munro || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Dean Margerison|| Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Jailton Lopes|| Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || André Rácz|| Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Hans Raber|| Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Christophe Thiébaud|| Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Kevin Peters|| Entry #6 || I also like #2 and #7 ||
- || Blair Connor || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Matthias Endler|| Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Palanikumar || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Rafael Marins || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Geert Claes || Entry #2 || N/A ||
- || Sandro Duarte || Entry #6 || Entry #2 ||
- || Jean-Marc Spaggiari || Entry #3 || I also like #7 ||
- || ChristianGrobmeier || Entry #2 || I also like #6 ||
- || Elliot Smith || Entry #2 || I think #6 is too fussy ||
- || Markus Pscheidt || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Sangho Shin || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Randall Cook || Entry #7 || N/A ||
- || Tonya Snow-Cook || Entry #7 || N/A ||
- || Jongyun Kim || Entry #6 || I also like #7 ||
- || Mohammad Nour || Entry #11 || I also like #7 and #6||
- || John Page || Entry #9 ||  N/A ||
- || Luigi Bozzo || Entry #11 || I also like #2 and #6||
- || Marc-Oliver Scheele || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Bert van den Hoeven || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Donald Woods || Entry #11 || I also like #6 ||
- || Jose Manuel Molina || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Daniel Bram || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Stefan Chirila || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Alessandro Riva || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Charles Majola || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Nitin Dhall || Entry #11 || I like the highlighted apache feather ||
- || Per Olausson || Entry #11 || n/a ||
- || Damir Todorovac || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Arik Kfir || Entry #11 || Fits the Apache brand like a charm! ||
- || Sejin Oh || Entry #11 || Sync with apache httpd ||
- || Ed Letifov || Entry #6 || N/A ||
- || Stefan Schmidt || Entry #11 || Simple & Nice! ||
- || E M Madhu Babu || Entry #6 || Warrior logo pumps me up ||
- || Murthy || Entry #11 || Looks real apache'ish ||
- || Ingrid Davis || Entry #17 || Fits Apache like 11 but 17 is more captivating ||
- || Charles Wheat || Entry #17 || Version 1||
- || Angelo Turetta || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Cyrille Pontvieux || Entry #11 || N/A ||
- || Alan Cabrera || Entry #14 || ||
- || Naresh Moorthy || Entry #21 || ||
-