Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2007/09/27 07:45:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release OpenEJB 3.0-beta-1

Ok!  It's taken quite a bit of mucking around is it's our first
release out of the 3.x tree.  But at long last we are at the finished
with packaging and prep.

Assembled "distro" directory to be copied to /www/www.apache.org/dist/
openejb/:

  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.0-beta-1/

Maven 2 artifacts to be copied to /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-
ibiblio-rsync-repository/:

  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/repo/

Release Notes:

  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/stage/3.0-beta-1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

SVN Tag:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/tags/openejb-3.0-beta-1/

Have a good look over everything.  Download the binaries and boot
them up, beat on them.  If you discover something that you know
worked before and now doesn't, please eagerly post.  If you discover
something you didn't test in the time before the release, please
mention it but understand it's very late for initial observations.
Either way re-spinning 3.0-beta-1 now will cost the same as spinning
a 3.0-beta-2 in a few days and any issues can be added to the
download page, so please keep that in mind when voting.

With that, here is my +1 for releasing OpenEJB 3.0-beta-1!

-David

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenEJB 3.0-beta-1

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 9/29/07, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was hoping that Geronimo would be able to use 3.0-beta-1. However,
> without revision 580227 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?
> rev=580227&view=rev), I'm pretty sure this won't be the case. So, I'm
> +0.

Hey Kevan, don't worry. The fix will be available in 6 weeks when
3.0-beta-2 is available.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenEJB 3.0-beta-1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 29, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2007, at 3:42 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>

>> On Sep 29, 2007, at 6:11 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>>> I was hoping that Geronimo would be able to use 3.0-beta-1.
>>> However, without revision 580227 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?
>>> rev=580227&view=rev), I'm pretty sure this won't be the case. So,
>>> I'm +0.
>>
>> /me gently nudges kevan this way http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?
>> view=rev&revision=580226
>
> Ugh. Well, I guess that does work... Do you have a Jira open to
> remind us to yank that out?

I left it out of 2.1 trunk so it'll die out when 2.0.x is retired.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 29, 2007, at 3:42 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2007, at 6:11 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>
>> I was hoping that Geronimo would be able to use 3.0-beta-1.
>> However, without revision 580227 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?
>> rev=580227&view=rev), I'm pretty sure this won't be the case. So,
>> I'm +0.
>
> /me gently nudges kevan this way http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?
> view=rev&revision=580226

Ugh. Well, I guess that does work... Do you have a Jira open to
remind us to yank that out?

Here's my +1...

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenEJB 3.0-beta-1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 29, 2007, at 6:11 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> I was hoping that Geronimo would be able to use 3.0-beta-1.
> However, without revision 580227 (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?
> rev=580227&view=rev), I'm pretty sure this won't be the case. So,
> I'm +0.

/me gently nudges kevan this way http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?
view=rev&revision=580226

:)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

I tested standalone and the Tomcat integration.

-dain

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenEJB 3.0-beta-1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
And just to reiterate what is always true...  You don't need to be a
committer to vote, your feedback and vote is welcome even if it's
your very first post to the list!

Feel welcome and encouraged to try out the binaries, give feedback if
you like, and vote -1, - or + 0, or +1.

A vote is a great way to show support.

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Manu

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: [VOTE] Release OpenEJB 3.0-beta-1

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
+1

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: [RESULTS] Release OpenEJB 3.0-beta-1

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
And Congrats to you Jacek for driving this release

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
It's official!  The vote as passed with 10 +1s and no other votes:

+1s:
Alan D. Cabrera
Dain Sundstrom
David Blevins
Jacek Laskowski
Jeff Genender
Karan Malhi
Kevan Miller
Manu George
Mohammad Nour El-Din
Pavel Volkovitskiy

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
I built the tree from source yesterday and it worked for me.

-dain

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 28, 2007, at 1:39 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2007, at 1:03 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>

>> On Sep 28, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>
>>> -1
>>>
>>> I cannot build from SVN.  The itest-beans module has a dep
>>> hsqldb:hsqldb:jar:1.8.0.7 that cannot be found.
>>
>> I think this is ibiblio being overloaded.  I just tried to
>> download the jar manually via browser and it failed and timed out
>> the first time and succeeded the second time.  Building again on
>> people.apache.org with an empty repo to re-verify.
>
> It's definitely ibiblio.  It's failed once already with a message
> like:
>
>   Error transferring file
>     org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-jdbc:jar:1.0.0
>   [...]
>   Caused by I/O exception: Operation timed out
>
> I restarted and it downloaded that dep.  So far it's taking over a
> minute per dep regardless of size.

The build completed successfully with a clean repo.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 28, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> -1
>
> I cannot build from SVN.  The itest-beans module has a dep
> hsqldb:hsqldb:jar:1.8.0.7 that cannot be found.

I think this is ibiblio being overloaded.  I just tried to download
the jar manually via browser and it failed and timed out the first
time and succeeded the second time.  Building again on
people.apache.org with an empty repo to re-verify.

Definitely try out the binaries too.

-David

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
-1