Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/25 09:23:57 UTC

Apache CXF wiki page : clarification requested

Hi,

In, the Apache Wiki page of CXF, the following concepts are presented :

- PRE-STREAM
- IN-BAND
- OUT-BAND

Can we have a clear definition or a clarification of these concepts in the
wiki page please because it is difficult to understand what they are related
to (ex :  PRE_STREAM phase is removed in MESSAGE mode, There are *in-band*and
*out-of-band* on-the-wire headers from the perspective of a JAXWS WSDL-first
developer, ...) ?

CXF's LoggingOutInterceptor outputs outbound message that goes on the wire
to logging system (Java Util Logging). Since the LoggingOutInterceptor is in
PRE_STREAM phase (but PRE_STREAM phase is removed in MESSAGE mode), you have
to configure LoggingOutInterceptor to be run during the WRITE phase. The
following is an example.

   <bean id="loggingOutInterceptor"
class="org.apache.cxf.interceptor.LoggingOutInterceptor">
        <!--  it really should have been user-prestream but CXF does
have such phase! -->
        <constructor-arg value="write"/>
   </bean>

<cxf:cxfEndpoint id="serviceEndpoint" address="http://localhost:9002/helloworld"
	serviceClass="org.apache.camel.component.cxf.HelloService">
	<cxf:outInterceptors>
	    <ref bean="loggingOutInterceptor"/>
	</cxf:outInterceptors>
	<cxf:properties>
		<entry key="dataFormat" value="MESSAGE"/>
	</cxf:properties>
</cxf:cxfEndpoint>

 Description of relayHeaders option

There are *in-band* and *out-of-band* on-the-wire headers from the
perspective of a JAXWS WSDL-first developer.

The *in-band* headers are headers that are explicitly defined as part of the
WSDL binding contract for an endpoint such as SOAP headers.
Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Apache Camel Group :
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm

Re: Apache CXF wiki page : clarification requested

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charles,

I think you need to send this mail to CXF user list and you should be
able to get a karma to enhance the CXF wiki document.

Willem