Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Venkata Rao Nadella <Ve...@NewRiver.Com> on 2002/10/23 23:36:20 UTC

External Image error

Hi,

I am trying load an image through an URL as shown below.

<fo:external-graphic src="http://www.cafeconleche.org/cup.gif"/>

But I am getting following error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown
Source)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory.Make(FopImageFactory.java:78)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic.layout(ExternalGraphic.java:125)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(Block.java:262)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableCell.layout(TableCell.java:269)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableRow.layout(TableRow.java:344)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableBody.layout(TableBody.java:172)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Table.layout(Table.java:247)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Block.layout(Block.java:262)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.layout(Flow.java:156)
        at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.layout(Flow.java:113)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(PageSequence.java:296)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.StreamRenderer.render(StreamRenderer.java:200)
        at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.endElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:182)
        at org.apache.xalan.transformer.ResultTreeHandler.endElement(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endDocument(SAXParser.java:1225)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndDocument(XMLValidato
r.java:7
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$EndOfInputDispatcher.dispatch
(XMLDocu
canner.java:1546)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
java:381
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
        at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TrAXFilter.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:481)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:72)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:19)

My CLASSPATH looks like this.

CLASSPATH=D:\Program Files\PhotoDeluxe 2.0\AdobeConnectables;D:\Program
Files\FOP\build\fop.jar;D:\Program Files\FOP\lib\batik.jar;D:\Program
Files\FOP\lib\xerces-1.2.3.jar;D:\Program
Files\FOP\lib\avalon-framework-4.0.jar;D:\Program
Files\FOP\lib\logkit-1.0.jar;D:\Program
Files\FOP\lib\xalan-2.0.0.jar;D:\Program Files\FOP\lib\jimi-1.0.jar

Can somebody help me in figuring out why I am getting this error?

Thanks,
Venkat

This e-mail is the property of NewRiver, Inc.  The information transmitted
is confidential and may be privileged, and is only intended for the
recipient to whom it is addressed. Any review, distribution, dissemination,
reliance upon or other use of this information by persons other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. NewRiver makes no representations or
warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to the
information. NewRiver and the sender shall have no responsibility or
liability for any reliance on the information.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete and
destroy any copies of this e-mail.

RE: External Image error

Posted by Venkata Rao Nadella <Ve...@NewRiver.Com>.
Hi,

I am able to fix this problem. My Java installation was not proper.

Thanks,
Venkat

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>         at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)

Hmmmm, looks too bizarre, NoClassDefFoundError in the constructor of
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient. Are you sure your java installation is ok?
What is your java environment?

<fo:external-graphic src="http://www.cafeconleche.org/cup.gif"/>
That works fine for me.