Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pavel Janík <pa...@janik.cz> on 2012/01/16 12:47:21 UTC

[LEGAL] Something to solve: (c) Sun

Hi,

my build log contains 78 instances of:

   Copyright: 2003 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.

It is in this file:

main/l10ntools/source/filter/merge/FCFGMerge.java:        sOut.append("Copyright: 2003 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.\n");

--
Pavel Janík

Re: [LEGAL] Something to solve: (c) Sun

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.
Wow.
louis

R: [LEGAL] Something to solve: (c) Sun

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi Pawel;

In general terms Copyright is not really an issue in Apache
projects. Apache projects don't ask for copyright assignment
and you can include your own copyright notices as long as
the licensing terms are acceptable.

This said, SUN Microsystems is now owned by Oracle so this
indicates there might be code to update there.

Pedro.