Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org> on 2001/02/28 12:37:38 UTC

Re: problem regarding using user defined packages

[ please use the mod_dtcl list for mod_dtcl questions ]

"uma rani" <um...@provillage.com> writes:

> i m using  #!tcl_all in my cgi code . tcl_all is the combination of 6 user-defined  packages.without having tcl_all
> (binary) in my code

> not work
>
> such as  "check_co.cgi" contains
>
>   #!tcl_all

I don't know what tcl_all is...  Could you provide a reference?

> then tcl code like this
>
> source /usr/tcl_source_v4/inittcl.tcl
> source /usr/tcl_source_v4/check_char.tcl
> source /usr/tcl_source_v4/select_motif.tcl
> source /usr/tcl_source_v4/brow_ver.tcl

> ttml code equivlent of above cgi is "check_co.ttml"
>
> <+
>
> parse /usr/tcl_source_v4/inittcl.tcl
> parse /usr/tcl_source_v4/check_char.tcl
> parse /usr/tcl_source_v4/select_motif.tcl
> parse /usr/tcl_source_v4/brow_ver.tcl
>
> inittcl.tcl contains this part of code
>
> +>

No, this is wrong.  If you just want to source a Tcl file, use the
command 'source'.  Parse is to include '.ttml' files.

> This is the code for inittcl.tcl
>
> <+
>
> if [ info exists ENVS(REQUEST_METHOD) ] {
>    set a [ string toupper $ENVS(REQUEST_METHOD) ]
>   switch -- $a {
>      "GET" {
>         if [ info exists ENVS(QUERY_STRING) ] {
>            cgi_parse_query [cgi_get_query] Q
>         }
>      }
> +>

Mod_dtcl takes care of examining this stuff - you don't need to do it
yourself, or at least you shouldn't need to.

> i want to convert  this type of cgi into ttml file .so how should i
> use tcl_all binary while using mod_dtcl in ttml file

Point me to tcl_all and I'll have a look at it, and tell you what you
need to do.

--
David N. Welton
     Personal:           http://www.efn.org/~davidw/