Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dominik Stöttner <do...@gmx.net> on 2003/11/03 22:02:08 UTC

Integration of Business Processes in Web-portals

Hi,

I am working on a project which aims to integrate a business process in a content based web portal. On that subject it is very important to encapsulate the necessary business logic for reuse in other pages. So the same business process should be available on different pages. Furthermore it should be possible to arrange a number of independent pieces (e.g. content based ones and some that include business processes) on the same page. Hence my question: Are struts and tiles appropriate techniques to achieve that aim or are there others that fit better?

thanks in advance!!

dominik

Re: Integration of Business Processes in Web-portals

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
A very good tool for encapsulating and reusing logic is the new Commons
Chain package.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/chain/

You can call Chain from your Struts Actions to invoke the business
logic. The Actions then put the result into the request or session
contexts, so that the data can be used by the server pages.

HTH, Ted.

--
Ted Husted,
   Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,