Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Ro...@natwestmarkets.com on 2020/08/05 13:21:03 UTC

RE: NanosInstant not being recognised by BigQueryIO.Write

Hi Cham,

I’m not registered as a BEAM committer so I don’t believe I have access rights to raise JIRAs.  Would you be kind enough to file a bug report on my behalf?

I would suggest creating a simple end-to-end test that takes a protobuf-generated domain object and writes to BigQuery making use of useBeamSchema (I couldn’t find such an example in the test suite).  Briefly the issues I have identified are:

1.     As reported below, schema conversion does not recognise the protobuf-derived special types (e.g. NanosInstant).  This results in an NPE

2.     The schema conversion code does not recognise fields in camel case (it works if fields are lower case)

3.     The schema presented to BigQueryIO presents all fields as required (despite the fact that under protobuf3 all fields are optional)

Point 3 is more likely an issue with the protobuf to BEAM schema generation, however I present it here as it would be useful to capture as part of an end-to-end test suite.

Kind regards,

Rob
Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.
Here's https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-7064 on this topic.