Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by regany <re...@newzealand.co.nz> on 2009/12/08 09:58:26 UTC

Re: Apache solr for multiple searches

Bhuvi HN wrote:

> Can we have one single instance of the Apache Solr running for both the
> search like Job search and resume search.

Yes, you want to run a multicore (multiple index) setup - see:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

Re: Apache solr for multiple searches

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM, regany <re...@newzealand.co.nz> wrote:

> Bhuvi HN wrote:
> >
> > Can we have one single instance of the Apache Solr running for both the
> > search like Job search and resume search.
> >

> Yes, you want to run a multicore (multiple index) setup - see:
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

Or you could combine them into the same index. That is usually the easier
solution.

See
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes#Flattening_Data_Into_a_Single_Index

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.