Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yannick Haudry <yh...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/15 12:15:19 UTC

Tomcat - Apache ... and CGI

Hi all,

First, here is the global configuration on a centos machine:
apache: httpd-2.0.52-19
tomcat: 6.0.13
mod_jk: 1.2.22

I'm currently working on a webapp where we have some pages generated
with perl scripts.
The first step was to configure tomcat CGIservlet and now cgi are
successfully executed using this kind of url:
http://localhost:8080/Context/myscript.cgi

the CGI servlet is configured as below in web.xml :
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>debug</param-name>
      <param-value>6</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
      <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.cgi</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

In a second step, I configured mod_jk to run tomcat through apache.
After mod_jk module configuration in httpd.conf / workers.properties,
I can access my webapp with htpp://localhost/Context/ (without 8080)
everything works fine except cgi, when I try to access:
http://localhost/Context/myscript.cgi

from the Browser I get
The requested URL /Context/myscript.cgi was not found on this server

and in apache error log:
[error] script not found or unable to stat: myscript.cgi, referer:
http://localhost/myscript.cgi

When I look in tomcat log the perl script is actually executed as
usual without any error. This seems an apache configuration issue but
I don't know which parameter I have to set / modify.

Thanks in advance for any help resolving this.

Yannick

Re: Tomcat - Apache ... and CGI

Posted by Yannick Haudry <yh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rainer, I see what's happening now !
I think I will go for the first solution you've suggested (disabling
Tomcat cgi handling) and let Apache doing this, just because some cgi
applications are already running on the serer I'm using.

Yannick

Re: Tomcat - Apache ... and CGI

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Re: Tomcat - Apache ... and CGI