Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/04/05 16:59:50 UTC

Secure URLs end for link, hyperlink and sub-hyperlink

After the changes recently introduced. The campaign to secure URLs for link, hyperlink and sub-hyperlink is now finished.
Please report any related errors you may cross

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Secure URLs end for link, hyperlink and sub-hyperlink

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Secure URLs end for link, hyperlink and sub-hyperlink

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Actually David reestablished this feature which was already a hole, you are free to use it ;o)
It was a question of reporting in Jira (you were right for that) but to give more informations, details, etc.

Anyway thanks for the report!

Jacques

From: "Angelo Matarazzo" <ma...@gmail.com>

Posted by Angelo Matarazzo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, David, Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This sounds like port.https.enabled="N" in url.properties file is not longer working.

Quick answer : 2 alternatives
Harder but safer, you will have to revert related changes and get back to previous situation (should not be too hard though)
Hack : look at RequestHandler.java line 184

Jacques

From: "Angelo Matarazzo" <ma...@gmail.com>

Posted by Angelo Matarazzo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jaques

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
thanks so much for your work, Jacques.

Jacopo

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Angelo,

This issue should be addressed in SVN rev 763855. Please read the
commit log as deploying in this way is not recommended as it opens a
security hole.

Also, as a general recommendation for future reference so that your
feedback and requests are better received: if you find an issue report
it in as much detail as possible (including steps to reproduce, what
you expected to happen, and what actually happened including EXACT
error message quotes, along with whatever you find about it), and do
so by creating an issue in Jira. That way you won't have to send the
same complaint over and over, and we won't have to guess about what
you're seeing and what is happening.

Anyway, thanks for reporting this and I hope your experience is
overall good with OFBiz!

-David

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Angelo,

David has officially fixed this issue at r763855, but please read his comment!

Jacques
PS: Oops just read David's post, anyway...

From: "Angelo Matarazzo" <ma...@gmail.com>

Posted by Angelo Matarazzo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,