Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by sixman9 <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/10 19:00:03 UTC

Unable to consume WS-I compliant .NET WSDL (could not find wsdl:binding) - CXF 2.2.2 and Spring 2.5.6 JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean

Hi,
I'm having an issue getting Spring's (2.5.6) JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean to
create a proxy client bean while consuming some .NET-generated WSDL (WS-I
Basic profile 1.1 compliant). So, I've create a simple service, which adds
two numbers, to document the problem. What is stranger, however, is that the
same WSDL does work with CXF's wsdl2java tool.

[Before anyone asks, I like the Spring configured route, easier than
integrating code stubs (which is why I haven't settled with wsdl2java)]

The exception stack is (fragment) & some Log4j output:

org.springframework.remoting.RemoteAccessException: Could not access remote
service at [{addServiceNameSpace}AddNumbersSoap]; nested exception is
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Could not find wsdl:binding operation info
for web method add.
	at
org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.JaxWsPortClientInterceptor.doInvoke(JaxWsPortClientInterceptor.java:401)
	at
org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.JaxWsPortClientInterceptor.invoke(JaxWsPortClientInterceptor.java:379)
	at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
	at $Proxy33.add(Unknown Source)
	at TestLocalAddService.testAdd(TestLocalAddService.java:30)
	at
	at

[Log4j]
10-Jun-2009 16:43:38 org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext
getConfigResources
INFO: No cxf.xml configuration file detected, relying on defaults.
10-Jun-2009 16:43:39
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
buildServiceFromWSDL
INFO: Creating Service {addServiceNameSpace}AddNumbers from WSDL:
http://localhost/ws/AddService.asmx?WSDL
10-Jun-2009 16:43:39
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
initializeWSDLOperations
WARNING: Could not find a matching method for operation
{addServiceNameSpace}Add. Operation will be unavailable.

The [ASP .NET v2.0.50727] WSDL is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textMatching/"
xmlns:tns="addServiceNameSpace" xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:soap12="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap12/"
xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
targetNamespace="addServiceNameSpace"
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
  <wsdl:types>
    <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="addServiceNameSpace">
      <s:element name="Add">
        <s:complexType>
          <s:sequence>
            <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="a" type="s:int" />
            <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="b" type="s:int" />
          </s:sequence>
        </s:complexType>
      </s:element>
      <s:element name="AddResponse">
        <s:complexType>
          <s:sequence>
            <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="AddResult"
type="s:int" />
          </s:sequence>
        </s:complexType>
      </s:element>
    </s:schema>
  </wsdl:types>
  <wsdl:message name="AddSoapIn">
    <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:Add" />
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name="AddSoapOut">
    <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:AddResponse" />
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:portType name="AddNumbersSoap">
    <wsdl:operation name="Add">
      <wsdl:input message="tns:AddSoapIn" />
      <wsdl:output message="tns:AddSoapOut" />
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:portType>
  <wsdl:binding name="AddNumbersSoap" type="tns:AddNumbersSoap">
    <wsdl:documentation>
      <wsi:Claim conformsTo="http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1"
xmlns:wsi="http://ws-i.org/schemas/conformanceClaim/" />
    </wsdl:documentation>
    <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
    <wsdl:operation name="Add">
      <soap:operation soapAction="addServiceNameSpace/Add" style="document"
/>
      <wsdl:input>
        <soap:body use="literal" />
      </wsdl:input>
      <wsdl:output>
        <soap:body use="literal" />
      </wsdl:output>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:binding>
  <wsdl:binding name="AddNumbersSoap12" type="tns:AddNumbersSoap">
    <soap12:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
    <wsdl:operation name="Add">
      <soap12:operation soapAction="addServiceNameSpace/Add"
style="document" />
      <wsdl:input>
        <soap12:body use="literal" />
      </wsdl:input>
      <wsdl:output>
        <soap12:body use="literal" />
      </wsdl:output>
    </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:binding>
  <wsdl:service name="AddNumbers">
    <wsdl:port name="AddNumbersSoap" binding="tns:AddNumbersSoap">
      <soap:address location="http://localhost/ws/AddService.asmx" />
    </wsdl:port>
    <wsdl:port name="AddNumbersSoap12" binding="tns:AddNumbersSoap12">
      <soap12:address location="http://localhost/ws/AddService.asmx" />
    </wsdl:port>
  </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

And my Java interface to represent this service is:

public interface AddServiceClient {
    public int add(int a, int b);
}

And the Spring Config is:

  xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd"

	<bean id="addServiceClient"
class="org.springframework.remoting.jaxws.JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean">
		<property name="serviceInterface" value="AddServiceClient"/><!-- The Java
Interface -->
		<property name="wsdlDocumentUrl"
value="http://localhost/ws/AddService.asmx?WSDL"/>
		<property name="namespaceUri" value="addServiceNameSpace"/>
		<property name="serviceName" value="AddNumbers"/>
		<property name="portName" value="AddNumbersSoap"/>
	</bean>

</beans>

I'm stumped, but as I point out, the above WSDL works fine when run through
wsdl2java (and with -validate set). Here is a snippet of the
wsdl2java-generated code stub(s), you can clearly see the namespace etc.
here:

/**
 * This class was generated by Apache CXF 2.1.3
 * Wed Jun 10 16:04:55 BST 2009
 * Generated source version: 2.1.3
 *
 */

@WebServiceClient(name = "AddNumbers",
                  wsdlLocation = "http://localhost/ws/AddService.asmx?WSDL",
                  targetNamespace = "addServiceNameSpace")
public class AddNumbers extends Service {

    public final static URL WSDL_LOCATION;
    public final static QName SERVICE = new QName("addServiceNameSpace",
"AddNumbers");
    public final static QName AddNumbersSoap12 = new
QName("addServiceNameSpace", "AddNumbersSoap12");
    public final static QName AddNumbersSoap = new
QName("addServiceNameSpace", "AddNumbersSoap");

Cheers

Rich

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Unable-to-consume-WS-I-compliant-.NET-WSDL-%28could-not-find-wsdl%3Abinding%29---CXF-2.2.2-and-Spring-2.5.6-JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean-tp23966685p23966685.html

Re: Unable to consume WS-I compliant .NET WSDL (could not find wsdl:binding) - CXF 2.2.2 and Spring 2.5.6 JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean

Posted by sixman9 <si...@gmail.com>.
Judging by the number of posts here on CXF, Daniel, you know your stuff
:handshake:

Added the necessary annotations to my example service interface, worked like
a charm B-)

I'm posting the interface fragment here for future reference (for newbies,
notice the @<annotations>):

import javax.jws.WebMethod;
import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceClient;

@WebServiceClient(targetNamespace="addServiceNameSpace")
public interface AddServiceClient {
    @WebMethod(operationName="Add") //For spelling/capitalisation
differences in WSDL function
    public int add(int a, int b);
}

Thanks

Rich

--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Unable-to-consume-WS-I-compliant-.NET-WSDL-%28could-not-find-wsdl%3Abinding%29---CXF-2.2.2-and-Spring-2.5.6-JaxWsPortProxyFactoryBean-tp23966685p23977600.html

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org