Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/03/16 18:34:15 UTC

[kerberos] ApacheDS with Kerberos inside?

Enrique,

For the 0.9 release I'd like to include Kerberos in the server if you're
up to it.  This means having it dormant unless it's turned on using some
master property key list server.kerberos.on or something consistent with
the keys we use already.

You want shoot for it?   Then we can talk about what goes into it next.

    -- Alex

Re: [kerberos] ApacheDS with Kerberos inside?

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <er...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Enrique,
>
> For the 0.9 release I'd like to include Kerberos in the server if you're
> up to it.  This means having it dormant unless it's turned on using some
> master property key list server.kerberos.on or something consistent with
> the keys we use already.
> You want shoot for it?   Then we can talk about what goes into it next.

No problem.  It runs fine on our home networks and I'm already getting
reports of people building and running it.  It has been well tested for
interop with the most popular OS's.

-enrique