Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org> on 2007/07/06 01:14:16 UTC

FORGED_AOL_TAGS hitting on real AOL mail

I'm starting to see a lot of AOL mail getting pushed into the review
folder (above 4.0 score) with the FORGED_AOL_TAGS rule hitting, and
apparently on real AOL e-mail. At least the e-mails were SPF_PASS and
received from an AOL server...

Here are two examples:

http://webmail.wcg.org/~support/spam/20070705-01.txt
http://webmail.wcg.org/~support/spam/20070705-02.txt

This rule seems to score awfully high for the ham hit rate...

I'll probably take the time tomorrow to track down where it's coming
from and perhaps adjust the score down so I don't have to keep adding
AOL users to my whitelist. I just don't like doing that because those
scoring adjustments then have to be evaluated regularly. It'd be nicer
if someone fixed the rule.

Bret