Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/12 08:43:52 UTC

[DISCUSS] What parts of Flink SQL should we improve for usability?

Hi, all

We have listened some user's compliant voice about Flink SQL usability from online and offline, especially about using Flink SQL to build ETL job, but it's not detailed.
So, I'd like to start a discussion about Flink SQL usability, hope we can have more input from user side which will help improve usability more in next release.

1. What's your(company’s) main business using Flink SQL to build ETL job ?

2. Which connectors are mainly used in your business ? (Kafka、JDBC、Hive、File System、Elasticsearch、HBase)

3. What features or improvements of Flink SQL do you think is still lacked according to your development experiences ?

4.  Which aspects of Flink SQL's Usability do you think are not good enough ?

5. Any other suggestions or complaints to Flink SQL ?

Any feedback is welcome.

Best,
Leonard Xu