Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gu...@tieto.com on 2010/03/12 12:41:16 UTC

migrating an app from JB 4.0 to 5.1. Problem with login handling.

Hi,
I'm working on moving an application from JB 4 to JB 5.
In the application we have a special login handling.
The web.xml contains an <auth-method>APPFORM</auth-method> and an entry in = Authentication.properties that points to the implementation class.
This doesn't work in JBoss 5.1 and I've not found out a way to do it?
Can you help?
Gunnar

RE: migrating an app from JB 4.0 to 5.1. Problem with login handling.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Gunnar.Bostrom@tieto.com [mailto:Gunnar.Bostrom@tieto.com]
> Subject: migrating an app from JB 4.0 to 5.1. Problem with login
> handling.
>
> I'm working on moving an application from JB 4 to JB 5.

So why did you send a query to the *Tomcat* mailing list?

> The web.xml contains an <auth-method>APPFORM</auth-method>

That's not a valid value for a servlet container; read the servlet spec.

> an entry in = Authentication.properties

Not a file that Tomcat knows anything about.

> This doesn't work in JBoss 5.1 and I've not found out a way to do it?

Perhaps you should ask JBoss...

> Can you help?

Not really.

 - Chuck