Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com> on 2014/03/28 20:27:20 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Sentry 1.3.0 incubating rc0

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for doing the release!

I just realized that the changelog has not been updated from 1.2.0 release.
Can you please make the necessary changes?

Regards,

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: [VOTE] Release Sentry 1.3.0 incubating rc1

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>wrote:

> That is in fact a good point raised to revisit our excludes to make sure
> we do not have any unnecessary ones. Me and Jarcec did some brainstorming
> around this and looks like most of the excludes we have are for better
> developer usability, which mostly exclude some generated files.
>
> 1) Git specific files that might not contain headers:
>
>                  <exclude>.git/</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>.gitignore</exclude>
>
> 2) IDE specific files that we are ignoring to make live easier for
> developers:
>
>                  <exclude>.idea/</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>**/*.iml</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>**/nb-configuration.xml</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>**/.settings/**</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>**/.classpath</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>**/.project</exclude>
>
> 3) Maven working directory:
>
>                  <exclude>**/target/</exclude>
>
> 4) Pre commit testing generated files
>
>                  <exclude>maven-repo/</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>test-output/</exclude>
>
> 5) Derby files that can be created after test run
>
>                  <exclude>*.log</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>**/*.lck</exclude>
>
>                  <exclude>**/service.properties</exclude>
>
> 6) Patch files that can be easily lying around
>
>                  <exclude>**.patch</exclude>
>
> 7) Our readme file
>
>                  <exclude>README*</exclude>
>
> 8) Test data with exact format
>
>                  <exclude>**/kv1.dat</exclude>
>
> 9) Self explaining:
>
>                  <!-- exclude generated solr config files -->
>
>                  <exclude>**/solr/collection1/conf/**</exclude>
>
>    <!-- exclude generated thrift files →
>
>                 <exclude>**/gen/**</exclude>
>
> X) Not sure what this is for, to be removed?
>
>                   <exclude>**/.metadata/</exclude>

Looks like this is also an eclipse artifact:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7279992/should-i-regularly-delete-the-metadata-folder-from-the-eclipse-workspace-what

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi David,
thank you very much for your feedback, greatly appreciated! You've raised couple of really good points.

The rat issues is interesting - indeed we are not setting the excludeSubProjects to false but at the same time rat is checking all subprojects. I've just tried to put incorrectly licensed file into one of the sub modules and it has been correctly detected, so I'm assuming that this one should be covered.

Looking at the rest of the feedback it seems that nothing is a release blocker per say, so I'm wondering if you are fine with us moving forward with the release?

Jarcec

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
David,

Posted by karthik ramachandran <kr...@gmail.com>.
David,

--
Karthik Ramachandran
Mobile: 412-606-8981

Re: [VOTE] Release Sentry 1.3.0 incubating rc1

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Karthik:

Posted by Vamsee Yarlagadda <va...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
+1 LGTM

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

[VOTE] Release Sentry 1.3.0 incubating rc1