Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Llerta amat <ll...@yahoo.es> on 2003/01/28 15:37:19 UTC

Using XUpdate

Please, help me, I installed xIndice1.0 and jdk1.4 on UNIX.

When I execute :

bash-2.05$ ./run org.apache.xindice.examples.Xupdate

The output is :
bash-2.05$ ./run org.apache.xindice.examples.XUpdate

CMD_HOME: .

CMD_NAME: run

CLASSPATH :  ./../../lib/xmldb.jar:./../../lib/xmldb-xupdate.jar:./../../lib/xml

db-sdk.jar:./../../lib/xml-apis-1.0.jar:./../../lib/xindice.jar:./../../lib/xind

ice-http-0.8.jar:./../../lib/xerces-1.4.3.jar:./../../lib/xalan-2.0.1.jar:./../.

./lib/openorb_tools-1.2.0.jar:./../../lib/openorb-1.2.0.jar:./../../lib/infozone

-tools.jar:./../../lib/ant-1.4.1.jar::./src/class

org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException: IDL:org/apache/xindice/client/corba/db/APIException:1.0

        at org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIExceptionHelper.read(APIExcepti

onHelper.java:112)

        at org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db._CollectionStub.queryCollection(_C

ollectionStub.java:833)

        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.upda

teResult(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:165)

        at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.upda

te(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:185)

        at org.apache.xindice.examples.XUpdate.main(XUpdate.java:106)

XML:DB Exception occured 1 Query Compilation Error

I did TomSugden's steps too, but nothing. The result is the same.

1.       Created $XINDICE_HOME\java\lib\endorsed directory.

2.      Copied xerces.jar (version 1.4.4) and xalan.jar (the same one that is
contained in $XINDICE_HOME\java\lib) into the endorsed directory.

3.      Made a copy of the "start" .

4.      Hard coded the -D flags  in start:

The last lines in this file ‘start’:

while test $RESTART

do

   RESTART=

   java -Xms16m -Xmx168m -Djava.endorsed.dirs=c:\Xindice\java\lib\endorsed -Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xindice.xml.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl -Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl -Dxindice.home="$XINDICE_HOME" $VMPROPS -classpath "$CLASSPATH" org.apache.xindice.server.Xindice $* &

   wait $!

done

What can I do?. Please, help me. I don´t know how to continue with my job.

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Móviles
Personaliza tu móvil con tu logo y melodía favorito

RE: Using XUpdate

Posted by Llerta amat <ll...@yahoo.es>.
Hi Gerry Reno
I am installed xindice 1.1 from CVS like you recommended to me. But it is very diferent from xindice1.0.
I have any doubts :
1.- When I start tomcat, am I starting the database? I can't see any proccess running in my system (ps -ef | grep xindice) except
 /usr/java1.3/bin/../bin/sparc/native_threads/java -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/var/hom
 Is it ok?
2.- /db now is located in tomcat install(jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/webapps/xindice-1.1b/WEB-INF) but I haven't /db in xml_xindice
    When I execute : xindice ac -c /db -n testbash-2.05$ xindice ac -c /db -n test
 ERROR : Collection not found!

Could anybody tell me something?

 Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net> wrote:
Hi Llerta amat,

I'm posting a previous answer, which is in my opinion the best thing u can
do, if you want to use your code in future too.

----snip
I would highly recommend that you start with Xindice version 1.1 at
this point which is due to be released very shortly. There are
numberous issues with 1.0. Follow the instructions on the xindice
webpages to download 1.1 from CVS unless you want to wait for the
official release. Xindice 1.1 is a very different model than 1.0. 1.0
is server based and 1.1 is a webapp which is the direction that Xindice
is taking for the future. Once you have compiled 1.1 then add the
updated batch files and scripts that I have posted (in previous
posting) - I don't believe that they are in the source tree quite yet.
The correct jars for xerces and xalan are in the source tree and the
scripts should find the correct versions. If you still have problems
then dump your classpath and check to make sure that no incorrect
versions of xerces and xalan found anywhere in your classpath.

Regards,
Gerry Reno

RE: Using XUpdate

RE: Using XUpdate