Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com> on 2009/01/09 17:25:39 UTC

PDF as external graphic

Hi,

I have a question about <fo:external-graphic>. What's the reason
(technical? licensing? lack of interest?) that FOP does not support
PDF as a graphic format? It seems strange that FOP supports PDF for
output but not for input.

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to embed some PDF illustrations
as figures in a PDF document via FOP. What is the workaround for this?
Will I just have to convert the PDFs to a format that FOP supports?

Thanks,

Trevor

Re: PDF as external graphic

Posted by Maximilian Gaerber <ma...@infolox.de>.
Hi,

what about this: http://jeremias-maerki.ch/development/fop/index.html ?

Regards,

Max

News des Monats: www.thermopal.de - E-Business Lösung mit System für Thermopal, eine Tochter der Pfleiderer AG: Neugestaltung, wegweisende Produktsuche und moderne Nutzerführung!

--
infolox GmbH
Maximilian Gärber

fon +49 8382 / 275 894-70
fax +49 8382 / 275 894-9
mob +49 176 / 20 10 33 24

mail maximilian.gaerber@infolox.de
www.infolox.de
www.selektofix.de
www.katalogfabrik.de
www.typo3-services.com

Rechtsform: Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Lindau a. B.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Kempten
Registernummer: HRB 8161
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Bauhuis, Alexander Pircher, Richard Schmid

Re: PDF as external graphic

Posted by Jeff Griffith <jg...@cssi.org>.
Thanks. This provides the motivation we've
needed to upgrade to 0.95.

Jeff Griffith
CSSI

PS you can ignore my earlier post - it overlapped this one.

Re: PDF as external graphic

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hi Trevor

Re: PDF as external graphic

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
As noted in the plug-in's README file:

"Apache FOP currently generates PDF 1.4. If you include a PDF with a
higher PDF version, the results may be unpredictable."

There's currently no other plug-in available to my knowledge. To get
fully correct behaviour we'd also have to teach FOP how to produce PDFs
of a later version. Working on that is currently not on my priority list.

Re: PDF as external graphic

Posted by NewWorld <ne...@msn.com>.
Hi there,

Re: PDF as external graphic