Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org> on 2004/03/29 21:17:01 UTC

Javaflow examples

I tried out the new examples but I got the error below. I use eclipse to
build Cocoon which compiles the classes into WEB-INF/classes.
Any ideas?

org.apache.bcel.verifier.exc.StructuralCodeConstraintException: Instruction INVOKESTATIC constraint violated: Class 'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.Continuation' is referenced, but cannot be loaded and resolved: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED
Number of LocalVariableTable attributes of Code attribute '<CODE>' (method 'static void <clinit>()') exceeds number of local variable slots '0' ('There may be no more than one LocalVariableTable attribute per local variable in the Code attribute.').
'.
InstructionHandle:    0: invokestatic[184](3) 31

Execution Frame:
Local Variables:
0: org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.AbstractCocoonFlow
OperandStack:
Slots used: 0 MaxStack: 1.
Execution flow:
   0: invokestatic 31	[InstructionContext]
	at org.apache.bcel.verifier.structurals.InstConstraintVisitor.constraintViolated(InstConstraintVisitor.java:148)
	at org.apache.bcel.verifier.structurals.InstConstraintVisitor.visitLoadClass(InstConstraintVisitor.java:265)
	at org.apache.bcel.generic.INVOKESTATIC.accept(INVOKESTATIC.java:104)
	at org.apache.bcel.generic.InstructionHandle.accept(InstructionHandle.java:282)
	at org.apache.bcel.verifier.structurals.ControlFlowGraph$InstructionContextImpl.execute(ControlFlowGraph.java:229)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.ContinuationClassLoader.analyse(ContinuationClassLoader.java:243)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.ContinuationClassLoader.transform(ContinuationClassLoader.java:144)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.ContinuationClassLoader.loadClass(ContinuationClassLoader.java:94)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.ContinuationClassLoader.loadClass(ContinuationClassLoader.java:95)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.JavaInterpreter.initialize(JavaInterpreter.java:83)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.JavaInterpreter.callFunction(JavaInterpreter.java:120)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallFunctionNode.invoke(CallFunctionNode.java:130)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:49)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:126)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:101)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:336)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:277)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:103)
[...]
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1074)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:193)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:781)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:549)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:589)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:666)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

--
Reinhard

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Mo, den 29.03.2004 schrieb Reinhard Pötz um 21:17:
> I tried out the new examples but I got the error below. I use eclipse to
> build Cocoon which compiles the classes into WEB-INF/classes.
> Any ideas?
>
> org.apache.bcel.verifier.exc.StructuralCodeConstraintException: Instruction INVOKESTATIC constraint violated: Class 'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.Continuation' is referenced, but cannot be loaded and resolved: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED
> Number of LocalVariableTable attributes of Code attribute '<CODE>' (method 'static void <clinit>()') exceeds number of local variable slots '0' ('There may be no more than one LocalVariableTable attribute per local variable in the Code attribute.').
> '.

I had a similar problem some time ago, but can't reproduce this now. I
think you have somethere an old bcel archieve. For example the IBM JRE
comes with BCEL within xalan :-/

I think it a bug in the Pass2 verifier, which checks, if more local
variables used than registered. I believe the author set the brace
wrong, see Pass2Verifier.java:967
I will talk to the author, but he has currently the problem that the ASF
hasn't a signed CLA of him, so, he got no access to the CVS.

The other problem is that the ContinuationClassLoader shouldn't analyse
the Continuation class.

I didn't manage to remove all verifier code, because then I must change
to many things in bcel.

Stephan.

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Stephan Michels wrote:

>Am Mo, den 29.03.2004 schrieb Gianugo Rabellino um 22:10:
>

>>Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>

>>>I tried out the new examples but I got the error below. I use eclipse to
>>>build Cocoon which compiles the classes into WEB-INF/classes.
>>>Any ideas?
>>>
>>>org.apache.bcel.verifier.exc.StructuralCodeConstraintException:
>>>Instruction INVOKESTATIC constraint violated: Class
>>>'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.Continuation' is referenced, but
>>>cannot be loaded and resolved: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED
>>>Number of LocalVariableTable attributes of Code attribute '<CODE>'
>>>(method 'static void <clinit>()') exceeds number of local variable slots
>>>'0' ('There may be no more than one LocalVariableTable attribute per
>>>local variable in the Code attribute.').
>>>'.
>>>

>>For the record, same here: OSX, JDK 1.4.2, command line build & run.
>>
>>Instruction GETSTATIC constraint violated: Class
>>'org.apache.cocoon.ojb.jdo.components.JdoPMF' is referenced, but cannot
>>be loaded and resolved: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED Method 'public abstract
>>javax.jdo.PersistenceManager getPersistenceManager()' has a return type
>>that does not pass verification pass 1: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED
>>Repository.lookup() failed. FILE NOT FOUND? '. '. InstructionHandle: 1:
>>

>Ahh I forget to say that the examples depend on jdo.jar :-/ I wanted to
>rewrite the example to use the OJB classes only, but didn't make it
>until now.
>
>The exception is somehow confusing, see
>"'org.apache.cocoon.ojb.jdo.components.JdoPMF' is referenced, but cannot
>be loaded"
>
>Stephan.

After including the JDO libs it worked as expected. There was only one
problem: I usually put my class files into WEB-INF/classes (output
directory of eclipse). This seems to cause problems because using JAR
files and putting them into WEB-INF/lib works.

--
Reinhard

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Mo, den 29.03.2004 schrieb Gianugo Rabellino um 22:53:
> A question, though: how much does BCEL usage impact remote debugging? Is
> it possible to use a standard debugger with your modified classes?

I don't know exactly how debugger work, but the LocalVariableTable and
the LineNumberTable attribute should be preserved by BCEL.

So, I think why not.

Stephan Michels.

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Stephan Michels wrote:

>>For the record, same here: OSX, JDK 1.4.2, command line build & run.
>>
>>Instruction GETSTATIC constraint violated: Class
>>'org.apache.cocoon.ojb.jdo.components.JdoPMF' is referenced, but cannot
>>be loaded and resolved: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED Method 'public abstract
>>javax.jdo.PersistenceManager getPersistenceManager()' has a return type
>>that does not pass verification pass 1: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED
>>Repository.lookup() failed. FILE NOT FOUND? '. '. InstructionHandle: 1:
>

> Ahh I forget to say that the examples depend on jdo.jar :-/ I wanted to
> rewrite the example to use the OJB classes only, but didn't make it
> until now.
>
> The exception is somehow confusing, see
> "'org.apache.cocoon.ojb.jdo.components.JdoPMF' is referenced, but cannot
> be loaded"

Yup, that indeed did the trick, and I'm happily flowing through Java
now, good stuff indeed! :-)

A question, though: how much does BCEL usage impact remote debugging? Is
it possible to use a standard debugger with your modified classes?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Joerg Heinicke dijo:
> On 29.03.2004 22:35, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>>Ahh I forget to say that the examples depend on jdo.jar :-/ I wanted to
>>>rewrite the example to use the OJB classes only, but didn't make it
>>>until now.
>>
>> Is there a posibility to check if the jdo.jar's are avaliable? We do
>> this
>> in the build.xml of Cocoon. This is why if you don't have the jdo.jar
>> you
>> are able to build cocoon.
>
> Samples should never depend on external/additional jars, so they should
> be rewritten.
>
> Ah, I see the commit message coming in :)

OK. Lets remove the samples. No problem on my side.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 29.03.2004 22:35, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>Ahh I forget to say that the examples depend on jdo.jar :-/ I wanted to
>>rewrite the example to use the OJB classes only, but didn't make it
>>until now.
>
> Is there a posibility to check if the jdo.jar's are avaliable? We do this
> in the build.xml of Cocoon. This is why if you don't have the jdo.jar you
> are able to build cocoon.

Samples should never depend on external/additional jars, so they should
be rewritten.

Ah, I see the commit message coming in :)

Joerg

OJB example was Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Di, den 30.03.2004 schrieb Stephan Michels um 13:14:
> Am Mo, den 29.03.2004 schrieb Antonio Gallardo um 23:38:
> > Stephan Michels dijo:
> > > I rewrote the example now. I'm really not a OJB expert, nor a database
> > > expert.
> > > I made this example to learn more about OJB and JDO, and I didn't get the
> > > "insert" method work properly.
> >
> > The problem while inserting a row in the JDO sample is clear: How it would
> > insert if the called code is in a missing jdo.jar?
>
> The current example uses only the OJB classes, so there shouldn't be
> dependence anymore.
>
> My problem is that OJB didn't get the inserts/updates right. If I try
> to create a new entry, then the entry with id of 1 will be overwritten.
> Autoincrement doesn't seems to work.

I solves the issue, but for that I must change some configs
I used

 <sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerNativeImpl">

as sequence manager and mark the "id" field as

<field-descriptor name="id"   column="ID"   jdbc-type="INTEGER"
primarykey="true" autoincrement="true" access="readonly"/>

Then I create the table like this

CREATE TABLE EMPLOYEE(ID INTEGER NOT NULL IDENTITY PRIMARY
KEY,DEPARTMENT_ID INTEGER NOT NULL,NAME VARCHAR NOT NULL,UNIQUE(ID))

Now Im thinking about the impact to other example :-/

What do you think?

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Mo, den 29.03.2004 schrieb Antonio Gallardo um 23:38:
> Stephan Michels dijo:
> > Am Mo, den 29.03.2004 schrieb Antonio Gallardo um 22:35:
> >> Stephan Michels dijo:
> >> cannot

> > I rewrote the example now. I'm really not a OJB expert, nor a database
> > expert.
> > I made this example to learn more about OJB and JDO, and I didn't get the
> > "insert" method work properly.
>
> The problem while inserting a row in the JDO sample is clear: How it would
> insert if the called code is in a missing jdo.jar?

The current example uses only the OJB classes, so there shouldn't be
dependence anymore.

My problem is that OJB didn't get the inserts/updates right. If I try
to create a new entry, then the entry with id of 1 will be overwritten.
Autoincrement doesn't seems to work.

Maybe someone has an answer for me?

Stephan.

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Stephan Michels dijo:
> Am Mo, den 29.03.2004 schrieb Antonio Gallardo um 22:35:
>> Stephan Michels dijo:
>> > Ahh I forget to say that the examples depend on jdo.jar :-/ I wanted
>> > rewrite the example to use the OJB classes only, but didn't make it
>> > until now.
>> >
>> > The exception is somehow confusing, see
>> > "'org.apache.cocoon.ojb.jdo.components.JdoPMF' is referenced, but
>> cannot
>> > be loaded"
>>
>> Is there a posibility to check if the jdo.jar's are avaliable? We do
>> this
>> in the build.xml of Cocoon. This is why if you don't have the jdo.jar
>> you
>> are able to build cocoon.
>
> The OJB folks use following snippet in their build file:
> <condition property="jdo.classes">
>   <and>
>     <available classname="javax.jdo.PersistenceManager"
> classpathref="compilation-classpath"/>
>   </and>
> </condition>
>
> <target name="check-jdo-classes" unless="jdo.classes">
>   <fail>jdo.jar is missing! Please get it from
> http://java.sun.com/products/jdo. Put it in lib or have the ant property
> jdo.jars point at this jar file.</fail>
> </target>
>
> I rewrote the example now. I'm really not a OJB expert, nor a database
> expert.
> I made this example to learn more about OJB and JDO, and I didn't get the
> "insert" method work properly.

I am not a gump expert :-D

The following is to try to explain how it works, it is not an excuse in
any form:

The problem while inserting a row in the JDO sample is clear: How it would
insert if the called code is in a missing jdo.jar?

OJB has 3 APIS inside PB, ODMG and JDO. Currently, we can use any of them
to interact with DB inside Cocoon. If I turn off one of 3 in the
cocoon.xconf I cannot expect to be able to insert in a DB using the
missing API.

The OJB build system needs an explict special tag "with-jdori" to use the
JDO stuff.

The cocoon build system (CBS) allows succesful compile even if there is
not a jdo.jar at all without any special switch. The CBS "detect" the
presence of the jdo.jar. We also wrote mocks classes just in case there is
not a jdo.jar at all.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Stephan Michels dijo:

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Javaflow examples

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> I tried out the new examples but I got the error below. I use eclipse to
> build Cocoon which compiles the classes into WEB-INF/classes.
> Any ideas?
>
> org.apache.bcel.verifier.exc.StructuralCodeConstraintException:
> Instruction INVOKESTATIC constraint violated: Class
> 'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.java.Continuation' is referenced, but
> cannot be loaded and resolved: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED
> Number of LocalVariableTable attributes of Code attribute '<CODE>'
> (method 'static void <clinit>()') exceeds number of local variable slots
> '0' ('There may be no more than one LocalVariableTable attribute per
> local variable in the Code attribute.').
> '.

For the record, same here: OSX, JDK 1.4.2, command line build & run.

Instruction GETSTATIC constraint violated: Class
'org.apache.cocoon.ojb.jdo.components.JdoPMF' is referenced, but cannot
be loaded and resolved: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED Method 'public abstract
javax.jdo.PersistenceManager getPersistenceManager()' has a return type
that does not pass verification pass 1: 'VERIFIED_REJECTED
Repository.lookup() failed. FILE NOT FOUND? '. '. InstructionHandle: 1:
getstatic[178](3) 7  Execution Frame: Local Variables: 0:
org.apache.cocoon.samples.flow.java.PersistenceFlow 1: <unknown object>
object> OperandStack: Slots used: 1 MaxStack: 3.
org.apache.cocoon.samples.flow.java.PersistenceFlow (Size: 1) Execution
flow:  0: aload_0 [InstructionContext]  1: getstatic 7 [InstructionContext]

Ciao,