Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by christina pavlopoulou <cp...@ucr.edu> on 2016/08/23 14:23:18 UTC

convert weather data to json

Hello,

I implemented a python script which converts the weather data to JSON in
the vxquery-benchmark package [1].

[1] https://github.com/apache/vxquery/pull/150

Thank you,
Christina

---

Re: convert weather data to json

Posted by christina pavlopoulou <cp...@ucr.edu>.
Hello,

I updated the pull request in [1] so now the code between the converters
is not duplicated. I, also, changed the json structure according to the
web-service site [2]. Finally, I updated the json queries since I
changed the format of json files.

[2] http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/webservices/v2#data

Thank you,
Christina

On 8/23/2016 8:33 AM, Preston Carman wrote:
> It looks like a lot of code duplication. Please find a way to share
> code with the XML and JSON convertor.
>
> Thanks
> Preston
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 7:23 AM, christina pavlopoulou <cp...@ucr.edu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I implemented a python script which converts the weather data to JSON in the
>> vxquery-benchmark package [1].
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/apache/vxquery/pull/150
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Christina