Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2013/11/28 13:49:47 UTC

Proposal: A Better External File Design

Currently, external files are imported/exported using the datafile
component. The problem is a lot of that code is bad and doesn't work -
there have been a number of emails that confirm this.

I would like to redesign the external file import/export from the ground
up to make it more reliable and easier to use. The existing code would
stay there for a while so users have time to migrate to the new design.

I created a Jira issue if anyone is interested and wants to contribute:

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com