Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> on 2008/03/18 14:58:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release FOP 0.95beta

Re: [CANCELLED][VOTE] Release FOP 0.95beta

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 19.03.2008 11:58:28 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> > Vote cancelled, the artifacts are screwed up.
> >
> > Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> >> I'm afraid I have to -1 this vote as the contents of the tag don't match
> >> the contents of the source distribution. The source distribution doesn't
> >> build as it still contains the recently deleted old image adapters. When
> >> you build the distribution you have to make absolutely sure that you do
> >> that from a fresh (!) checkout from the tag you built earlier.
> >
> > I thought just a svn up would make the thing. I don’t really understand
> > why the old image code can still be found in the src distribution file
> > while it is no longer showing up in my local copy of the tag.
>
> Actually a svn up should be allright, but I probably didn't ant clean my
> build directory before creating the artifacts. Anyway, restarting from
> a fresh checkout now.

No, an "svn up" is unsafe as you might miss local modifications. Imagine
you looking into a text file with your favourite text editor, as part of
verifying the release, and out of habit you press Ctrl-S without even
noticing it. The text editor might create a backup file (<filename>.bak
or something else). The "svn up" will not notice that. Only a "svn
status" will reveal the difference. It's really just a LOT safer to do a
fresh checkout as you're basically mimicking a normal user trying to
rebuild the release.

> > Anyway, thank you very much for noticing that. I’ll prepare new
> > artifacts and relaunch the vote shortly.
>
> --
> Vincent Hennebert                            Anyware Technologies
> http://people.apache.org/~vhennebert         http://www.anyware-tech.com
> Apache FOP Committer                         FOP Development/Consulting

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [CANCELLED][VOTE] Release FOP 0.95beta

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.95beta

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I'm afraid I have to -1 this vote as the contents of the tag don't match
the contents of the source distribution. The source distribution doesn't
build as it still contains the recently deleted old image adapters. When
you build the distribution you have to make absolutely sure that you do
that from a fresh (!) checkout from the tag you built earlier.

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/release.html#checklist

On 18.03.2008 14:58:25 Vincent Hennebert wrote:

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE] Release FOP 0.95beta

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Vincent Hennebert wrote:

> This is a vote for releasing version 0.95beta of Apache FOP. The
> candidate distribution files were created from the following tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/tags/fop-0_95beta/
> (rev. 638320). They may be found on the following page:
> http://people.apache.org/~vhennebert/fop-0_95beta/

<snip/>

> The vote will end on Friday 21st March, 14:00 UTC.
>
> Votes only on general@ please.
>
> +1 for me.

Good work.

+1 from me.