Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by bsquared <bw...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/19 01:20:33 UTC

Is it possible to perform a transform on a bulk insert

Hello all,

I would like to make a basic couchapp that can take the xml returned
from a web app and transform it using a supplied xslt file.  The result
of this would be cleaned a bit and posted to the database.

Specifically, I want to move my Google bookmarks to a couchdb
instance.

http://www.google.com/bookmarks/?output=xml
or
http://www.google.com/bookmarks/?output=rss

Unfortunately, Google no longer offers json as an output option.  It
must have gone away with the notebook api.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Regards, Brian

Re: Is it possible to perform a transform on a bulk insert

Posted by bsquared <bw...@gmail.com>.
Simon Metson <si...@cern.ch> writes:

> Yeah, doing what you want with a little script should be trivial.

Thank you. I'll have to look into it. Any suggestions?

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cern.ch>.

Posted by bsquared <bw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Metson <si...@cern.ch>.
Hi,

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Considering you don't want to write your own application to do that, I
suppose you can use a XML to JSON conversion. Just take a look at these two
examples I found Google-ing:

http://www.thomasfrank.se/xml_to_json.html
http://www.fyneworks.com/jquery/xml-to-json/

Once you have the JSON from your Google bookmarks, it's simple to insert
them in CouchDB.

CGS