Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/19 04:50:03 UTC

Re: Ignite support machine learning librarys?

Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
can receive email notifications? Here is the instruction:

suhuadong wrote
> Ignite support machine learning librarys?

What libraries exactly you're asking about and what kind of integration with
are you looking for? Can you please give more details?

-Val

Re: Ignite support machine learning librarys?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
You don't have to implement algorithms from scratch, but you can use Compute
Grid to parallelize existing algorithms using existing libraries. Compute
Grid API is fairly simple, so if the algorithm itself allows to run it in
parallel, this should not be hard to implement.

-Val

Re: Ignite support machine learning librarys?

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
suhuadong wrote
> Libraries  contains k-means algorithm,Support Vector Machine,Apriori etc.
> I don't know whether ignite has libraries.
> Ignite need integration with spark to support  k-means algorithm?

Ignite has native integration only with Spark, but you can do any
integration within your application. For example, you can use Compute Grid
[1] to run some algorithms over the data stored in Data Grid [2] to scale
this algorithms out. Does it make sense to you?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-grid

-Val