Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Mike Friedman <Mi...@ds-iq.com> on 2014/07/18 17:40:01 UTC

Phoenix and Cloudera

Phoenix's performance is great. The JDBC driver is very convenient for programming and allows use of existing tools such as DB Visualizer. However, since Phoenix is not a component of the Cloudera distribution of Hadoop (CDH), there is always the risk that the latest version of CDH will break Phoenix. Such is the case with CDH 5.0, which contains HBase 0.96 in contrast to Phoenix's dependency on HBase 0.98. Therefore it is safer to use a technology that is included in CDH. An organization that is using CDH and upgrades CDH as the new CDH versions come out always runs the risk that Phoenix is out of sync and broken. How would one counter this argument?

Mike

Re: Phoenix and Cloudera

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Completely concur with this, demand Phoenix packaging and support from your
vendor of choice! (smile)

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Phoenix and Cloudera

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: CDH 5.1

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

We recently upgraded one of our cluster to CDH5.1 and we are able to run
Phoenix without any problem. We used standard Phoenix4.0 binaries. Let me
know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta

--