Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/02 17:49:13 UTC

mapreduce.job.running.map.limit has no effect

I’m running Hadoop 2.7.1. I tried to limit the number of concurrent map tasks using
mapreduce.job.running.map.limit=5, but that property had no effect on the number
of tasks (35 concurrently running in my case). I checked the value of that property
in the job history, and it was set correctly. Is this a bug or have I overlooked something?

Thanks
Brian

Re: mapreduce.job.running.map.limit has no effect

Posted by Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com>.
It was one job (otherwise, the question makes no sense).
But at this point, it’s ancient history.

Posted by Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tianyin Xu <ti...@cs.ucsd.edu>.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Namikaze Minato <ll...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Looks like a bug to me :/
>
> On 2 December 2015 at 17:49, Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I’m running Hadoop 2.7.1. I tried to limit the number of concurrent map
>> tasks using
>> mapreduce.job.running.map.limit=5, but that property had no effect on the
>> number
>> of tasks (35 concurrently running in my case). I checked the value of
>> that property
>> in the job history, and it was set correctly. Is this a bug or have I
>> overlooked something?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Brian

Tianyin XU,
http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/

Re: mapreduce.job.running.map.limit has no effect

Posted by Tianyin Xu <ti...@cs.ucsd.edu>.

wrote:

> Looks like a bug to me :/
>
> On 2 December 2015 at 17:49, Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I’m running Hadoop 2.7.1. I tried to limit the number of concurrent map
>> tasks using
>> mapreduce.job.running.map.limit=5, but that property had no effect on the
>> number
>> of tasks (35 concurrently running in my case). I checked the value of
>> that property
>> in the job history, and it was set correctly. Is this a bug or have I
>> overlooked something?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Brian

Tianyin XU,
http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/

Re: mapreduce.job.running.map.limit has no effect

Posted by Tianyin Xu <ti...@cs.ucsd.edu>.

wrote:

> Looks like a bug to me :/
>
> On 2 December 2015 at 17:49, Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I’m running Hadoop 2.7.1. I tried to limit the number of concurrent map
>> tasks using
>> mapreduce.job.running.map.limit=5, but that property had no effect on the
>> number
>> of tasks (35 concurrently running in my case). I checked the value of
>> that property
>> in the job history, and it was set correctly. Is this a bug or have I
>> overlooked something?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Brian

Tianyin XU,
http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/

Re: mapreduce.job.running.map.limit has no effect

Posted by Tianyin Xu <ti...@cs.ucsd.edu>.

wrote:

> Looks like a bug to me :/
>
> On 2 December 2015 at 17:49, Brian Jeltema <bd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I’m running Hadoop 2.7.1. I tried to limit the number of concurrent map
>> tasks using
>> mapreduce.job.running.map.limit=5, but that property had no effect on the
>> number
>> of tasks (35 concurrently running in my case). I checked the value of
>> that property
>> in the job history, and it was set correctly. Is this a bug or have I
>> overlooked something?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Brian

Tianyin XU,
http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~tixu/

Re: mapreduce.job.running.map.limit has no effect

Posted by Namikaze Minato <ll...@gmail.com>.
Looks like a bug to me :/

Posted by Namikaze Minato <ll...@gmail.com>.
Looks like a bug to me :/